dissapointing day at the fish quay 20/07/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dissapointing day at the fish quay 20/07/2011

Decided as I haven't been sea fishing for what seems like an eternity i would get out and give the fish quay a shot to see if out was doing. Anyway started off slow and stayed slow all day with rigs coming back untouched until a reeled in a coaley at 36 cm. anyway after that fish i was thinking that the fish were going to start coming in thick and fast however next cast I managed to blow me reel up , then put me rod on me tripod to hold me rod so i could get me other reel and the tripod collapses and ends up snapped in three pieces

Anyway decide to put me rod on me mates rest and cast out only for a boat filling up to start moving and coming straight towards my line with no chance of getting the rig back in time, so you guessed it i managed to catch the boat despite letting a tonne of line off and it eventually snapped me and ruined most of me line, so after that decided to call it a day.
    Going through a bad run of damaging me gear only on the weekend I managed to destroy me umbrella while putting it up coarse fishing and the week before that I snapped me bale arm on one of my feeder reels, so going to have to be more careful with me stuff as can't afford to keep replacing it.

BTW anyone got a decent tripod for sale drop me a pm.

Bait used : fresh peeler

good job you didnt go out in a boat or you would be whail food [jona]

Comment

Don't really know what to say mate, apart from well done for not blanking and I think alot have had a day like that.

Comment

Unlucky Adam we all have times like that mate. Last winter I snapped 3 reel handles in one sesh mate and that takes some beating lol
        Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

phaa unlucky adam ano how it feels just glad its not me for a change JONA

Comment

Hi Adam i met you yesterday down at the fish quay..at least you caught one (after i'd left you...just shows how lucky i am) i'm off down there today to give it a try i spoke to Dave about tynemouth angling club but cos i'm a wheelchair user i cant access the pier (health and flippin safety) oh well ...anyway nice to of met you and no doubt see you down there again sometime

Comment

i had a sesh like that the other week on roker pier got snagged up. reel exploded trying to get it out put me rod down to sort out me reel and the rod seperated and the tip went in the water had to hand line it all in. the weight come off but luckily hook stayed on and hooked round the top of me rod. still stayed to fish with me spare reel and blanked ha

Comment

Originally posted by scouse eddy View Post
                Hi Adam i met you yesterday down at the fish quay..at least you caught one (after i'd left you...just shows how lucky i am) i'm off down there today to give it a try i spoke to Dave about tynemouth angling club but cos i'm a wheelchair user i cant access the pier (health and flippin safety) oh well ...anyway nice to of met you and no doubt see you down there again sometime
                hi eddy welcome to the site ,had a nice chat on the phone hope some off the marks i told you about suit you,adam,curtiss,shaun are all down there regular and would be happy to pass on any advice ,hope you start pulling them in davy
                PB
                COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Unlucky Adam sounds like a mare that, next time you walk past a penny pick it up lol at least you never blanked that woulda topped it.

Comment

Working...
                  X