Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted!!

Sorry for the rant!

Had me new rod delivered today, packaging looked a bit iffy.

anyway, one week old tip tornado match, with a snapped butt

FFS city link bunch of ********

Unlucky mate.
    First time I've heard of a carpet tube being damaged.

I always use Interparcel, never had any bother with them.

Hope you get your money back
    Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

There must have been some pressure on that to break a rod butt,was it insured?...

Comment

Bit late now but you should have refused to accept it. Until you sign for it it is the responsibility of the delivery company. You are well within your rights to open it and inspect it before signing the drivers docket and tell him to take it away again if it's broke.

Did you buy from a shop or private seller? If a shop you should have a chance of getting it all sorted. Hope you do.
        Last edited by Stewart 1971; 21-07-2011, 05:03 PM. Reason: more info
        CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

The driver left it with me neighbour!!

soon as I seen the packaging i thought oh oh.

its got scrapes on the outside of the box like its been rolled around on the floor, and obviously the "tear" in the middle.

The butt actually looked ok at first as the shrinkwrap was un marked, just when I held it out you can see the bend, then flex and its obviously smashed.

Not a mark on the rod and tags there etc. got it off private seller so he better bloody well have it insured lol.

Comment

They're not supposed to do that, you are only supposed to deliver goods to the adressee in person. Get on the phone to City Link and tell them you refuse to accept the rod in that state as it was damaged in transit and that you haven't signed for it. Because you haven't signed for it then it should be covered by their insurance. Also threaten to phone trading standards first thing in the morning if they don't sort it out.
            CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

yeh mate, I phone them first thing soon as I noticed the damage. They have "logged" my complaint so now waiting on the other guy getting back to me.

cheers for advice though

Comment

I had a rod delivered from Citylink mate. Again left with neighbour it was in one of those anyfish anywhere tubes, the heavy plastic ones although the rod wasnt an anyfish. The tube was smashed to bits and was completely in half that must have taken some force but by pure luck there wasnt a mark on the rod!! There useless wouldnt use them again.

Comment

Can I arrange to have my parcel(s) delivered to a different address?

We receive the delivery address from our Customers, your supplier. If you wish to change the delivery address then you will need to contact your supplier to see if this is possible. If your supplier agrees to change the delivery address then they will inform us of the change and we will act accordingly.

Copied and pasted that from the City Link website. The contract they have is to deliver to YOU, not your neighbour. If you aren't home they should take it back to the depot and wait for you to collect it. If YOU haven't signed for it then you haven't accepted delivery and the responsibility for the package lies with them. Your neighbour has no right or responsibility to accept on your behalf and that is City Link's problem, not yours.

As I said, tell them you are phoning trading standards. Mention the bit about not delivering to the right address and leaving with a neighbour which they are not supposed to do and then say because of this you will be consulting a solicitor regarding legal action if the problem is not resolved immediately.

They are in the wrong here and they have broken the terms of their contract. Don't let them fob you off.
                  CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

spot on mate.

great help that will be.

cheers

Comment

Real pi**er that mate. Some good advice given though to sort it.

Comment

Working...
                      X