Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowlug

hi all
    I wanted a quick nights fishing last night and I went down to get some bait from a dealer I was told sold live lug, when I asked him if he had some he showed me these 4 to 5 inch blow lugs and told me that he had got them from France, thinking to myself I can dig better worm than that at the gare on a bad take off, now wait for it, having not bought worm for a long time, he told me they where 40p each, the last time I bought some you got them by the score, that would make these at £8.00, as I picked myself of the floor, he then said I could have them for 35p a worm, at that I walked out the shop, can someone please tell me if that is the going rate for blowlug or was it a case of new face-- rip off--.
    mazzaxix

Live big blacks cost abit but everyday lugworm are cheap(ish) i pay £1.80 for a bag of about 15 worm.

Comment

thats more like it ling-basher £1.80 for 15, not £8.00 for 20.
      When I said dealer I mean tackle dealer {shop} not a baitdigger

I dont mind paying £8.00 a score for the big black gullies but not blow.
      MAZZAXIX

Comment

That was\'nt the place I told you about was it?Cos they were selling giant lug for that price. ]

[Edited on 2/11/2003 by Tat]

Comment

well come on then name names- we should know who to avoid.

Comment

I can\'t say owt in case it\'s not the place i told him about.there is such a thing as libel and it might be the wrong info that damages a guy\'s reputation and livelihood.

Comment

TAT
              The very same, must of sold out of them giant lug, I would of had to put £4.00 worth on the hook to make a decent bait they where that small maybe he should have dropped his price a bit if he had no giant ones lelf, like I said new face.
              BRIH its called Harpers--maybe they do sell the giant lug and maybe I would of bought some, but not the ones he was offering me at that price.
              mazzaxix

Comment

And they wonder why (TACKLE DEALERS) we have started to buy a huge percentage of our gear off the internet - if your face fits and your a regular (in my eyes) you get top doller bait- if you dont spend over the knock for tackle, you can source 15 -20 PERCENT cheaper elsewhere you either dont get bait or you get \"sh*te\"- It would be interesting to see if this is a local theme (N/East) or does it occur across the country.( (back on the strongbow after a 2 mth break - can you tell ) LOL :P :P :P

Comment

Working...
                X