fox12000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fox12000e

Has anybody used/got a fox12000e f/s and use it over rough grund are they up to the job ?

shark

the words s h i t e come to mind

no good for carp fishing they fall to bits so for sea fishing a deffo NO

go on any carp forum and ask

Comment

if you want a bait runner get one for the sea like this

PortaGadgets - Digital...

Comment

thanks ive been told to stay away from them

Comment

Originally posted by ShArK12 View Post
          Has anybody used/got a fox12000e f/s and use it over rough grund are they up to the job ?

shark
          I've never used any Fox products, but they are a fairly Renowned make, both in sea and coarse fishing. They've made some quality products, my friend once had either a Fox Atereas or Horizon rod, and it was an excellent quality rod, built superb and good casting.

A dunno what the reels are like, but a can't see them building bad reels to go with quality rods.

On another note, if your after a 'reel' good quality fixed spool for the rough stuff, your better off looking at the range of big fixed spools that shimamo make, absolute pieces of engineering quality...
          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
            I've never used any Fox products, but they are a fairly Renowned make, both in sea and coarse fishing. They've made some quality products, my friend once had either a Fox Atereas or Horizon rod, and it was an excellent quality rod, built superb and good casting.

A dunno what the reels are like, but a can't see them building bad reels to go with quality rods.

On another note, if your after a 'reel' good quality fixed spool for the rough stuff, your better off looking at the range of big fixed spools that shimamo make, absolute pieces of engineering quality...

all the fox range are good apart from the reels

the fox rods are brilliant even the warriors at the bottom of the range just the reels they got wrong internals exploding under pressure

Comment

Originally posted by lug View Post
              all the fox range are good apart from the reels

the fox rods are brilliant even the warriors at the bottom of the range just the reels they got wrong internals exploding under pressure
              Doesnt sound very good that like, wouldnt want to be hauling in a big cod on one and have it make that bad grinding sound and have the reel sieze up, I'd be fuming .

Think al stick to my Penn 525's.....
              South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Thanks again im using a shimano 8000gt atm its allright for bottom fishing but for certain cliffs its not upto it,

I Certainly dont want a f/s reel blowing up on me

shark

Comment

daiwa or shimano big pit reels i would image they would do the job, i had 3x shimano longcast big pit baitrunners for my pike fishing and they managed 20lb pike ok in fact they were a bit big so scaled down to 3 x shimano 10000xte's.

Comment

Hello,
                    I can't comment on the Fox reels myself but I am a big fan of the Daiwa 6000ts....certainly the best big fixed spool reel I've used. The problem is getting hold of one as they are an old reel now.
                    I have also been told that the Shimano Ultegra's are very good but I have not used one.

Good luck though whatever your choice.

Regards Ian

Comment

cheers E

Comment

Originally posted by mako
                        i understand theres some sort of modification to spool by removing the spring in the spool cap and replacing with drag spacer less turns to lock spool up dont quote me thou.
                        there is on the daiwas it turns it into a freespool like a bait runner a small turn of the drag and its locked up tight

How to Convert Dawia Front Drag Reels to Free Spool for FREE - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X