kids rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids rods

hi lads i took the youngun out with me yesterday and decided to let him loose on one of my old beachcasters. He struggled with the size of it so ive ordered him a shakespeare salt mpv which is only 10ft 2. Im hoping he will manage a bit better with this one. Has anyone used one of these and are they up ta much if not it was only 38 quid and any other suggestions would be great cheers.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

my kids have them , one has caught a cod just under 8 lb with the rod the other a 4 1/2 lb thornback ray . will do till he gets the hang of casting then he can move up to a bigger rod .

Comment

cheers for the reply mate it seems like ive picked me a bargain then

Comment

i have a salt flattie and mpv the mpv is a very useful little rod you can lash the hell out of it with a 4oz weight and the rod feels like it could handle alot more for its size

Comment

as a kid ive use an uptide boat rod before 9 1/2 foot in the river and the piers and they usually cast the same weights as a beach caster would and stand up in the wind etc, just a through as im not sure what kinda fishing your planning to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey-m View Post
            as a kid ive use an uptide boat rod before 9 1/2 foot in the river and the piers and they usually cast the same weights as a beach caster would and stand up in the wind etc, just a through as im not sure what kinda fishing your planning to do with it.
            Mainly clean to mixed beaches and piers for the bairn m8. Not expectin much from where ill take him but I just want him ta get used ta chuckin his own lead and maybe summit will turn up for him. Hes happy catchin owt tho at the min as long as he beats me ha ha

Comment

Working...
            X