fishing the tyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing the tyne

going out wed nite down the river tyne any marks tips nd wot bait to use around gateshead ?
    2012 species : codling, whitey, flounder, common sea-snail {liparis liparis}

Originally posted by dika View Post
    going out wed nite down the river tyne any marks tips nd wot bait to use around gateshead ?
    I find the river fishes best on the flood.You`ll not go wrong with lug,rag and crab(fresh if possible)Went for a toby along the river today and there`s a few coming out,mainly codling and whiting.Depending whereabouts in Gateshead your thinking,you could try the Gateshead stadium area,plenty parking to be had.

Comment

was gana have a look down the keyside few lads a no reckon its all crab nd a few codling think all take a chance cheers

Comment

went oot last nite 16 whiteys 1pound up to 1 nd a half goin back oot the nite

Comment

What length were the whities? 1.5lb whiting are a serious whiting... upwards of 50cm...
          Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

neva had a tape but were the lengh ov me seat box cudnt beleave it all took on makie strip back oot soon t catch high tide

Comment

seatbox length is roughly 43-44cm ish unless its a team box. more than likely around the pound mark, still good whiting. there are some good ones around this year, whereas the last couple there werent many north of the tyne.

One of my mates rang the other day saying he had caught 3.5lb whiting in the tyne!! He could also get 300 snakewhites for £20 hahaha

Comment

Nice one,river`s doing well at the moment up there.In regards to the whiting being 1.5lb,dont see why not,kept a couple for the pot that i had off blyth beach the other night,had one at bang on 1.5lb and that measured 42cm.

Comment

Working...
                X