brighton cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brighton cast

has anybody got anytips on how to perform the cast better i can do the cast but was wondering if there was any tips to help improve
    species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Don't know if you've already seen this, but might be worth a watch:

Terry Carroll Performs the Brighton Cast - YouTube

Gary
    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

i use this cast aswel mate my father taught me nd it gets me alot of distance with a little effort at all, i use my reel in the down position. rod tip down to the ground, left hand which is holding the reel up in the air as high as possible, then turn round and face the sea and luk at an imaginery target in the air then push with my right arm while pulling my left arm into my chest. the longer the drop from rod tip to rig the higher the trajectory of the rig, aso if you change the angle of the way ur rig is lying on the beach fro rod tip to sinker it increases the casts arc giving more power with less effort,harder to hit right than the rig under ur rod tip in line with rod

Comment

heres a tip for ya..... dont do it..... not with your sk3 any way. because the next tip you will need is a new one for your rod

Comment

Originally posted by lobsterman View Post
          heres a tip for ya..... dont do it..... not with your sk3 any way. because the next tip you will need is a new one for your rod
          Aye, casting inside the tip with a rod that is not capable will snap it.
          The 'five plums!' Northumberland sea league champions.

Comment

Originally posted by lobsterman View Post
            been told myself all rods snap ??????????
            did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
              been told myself all rods snap ??????????
              Never snapped a god rod yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cod,cod,cod! View Post
                Never snapped a god rod yet.
                conoflex rakata last one i broke ,bought it from new.

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                  conoflex rakata last one i broke ,bought it from new.
                  I'll be honest, I've never snapped a rod! ha ha.

I've only used centurys and Zziplex's though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cod,cod,cod! View Post
                    I'll be honest, I've never snapped a rod! ha ha.

I've only used centurys and Zziplex's though.
                    greys jupiter and a conoflex rakata both snapped pendulum casting.

the jupiter was second hand the butt crumbled when applying effort into cast as i say though second had rod.

rakata snapped about 18ins down from top of tip pendulum casting harry barker was with me that do cast was good just snapped.

Comment

the video says summit about a 4 ft drop ....was advised at seaton carew when i had a lesson to have a longer drop at least half ya drop length when doing a brighton cast. good luck . i thinks its handy when its busy and u need to go far out
                      Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
                      Kompressor SS /slosh30
                      tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
                        the video says summit about a 4 ft drop ....was advised at seaton carew when i had a lesson to have a longer drop at least half ya drop length when doing a brighton cast. good luck . i thinks its handy when its busy and u need to go far out
                        I said less than half your pendulum drop length 4 -5 ft depending on rod length .
                        Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

sorry bob.... been doing with half the rod length at the joint bit...will know better next time ....where would i be without ya ?
                          Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
                          Kompressor SS /slosh30
                          tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Working...
                          X