Conger Fishing NE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conger Fishing NE

This has been playing on my mind for a few weeks now, have many targeted conger from the north east coast? i know they get caught but it always seems by fluke when cod fishing. Are they there in any numbers or elusive. Wouldnt mind have a try for them some time.

Odd one gets landed up and down the coast but not many at all, if you think how many boats fish the rough ground and wrecks when no drift and a nice mackerel biat and how mnay get caught (none i know of last 2 years from the Tyne boats) it shows like the dog fish etc only the odd lost eel around...AT THE MOMENT

Fished the same traces, same stlye up Scotland and had 6 in one day from wrecks drifting and 7 the other.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

suppose, i think a few 2 rod sessions could be in order. one with the usual worm baits and "smaller" hooks. The other with half a mackerel and 10/0 meat hooks. somewhere up the dunstanburgh way.

Comment

only heard of them caught northumberland way deeper marks but was a rumour of a one lost shields ,whitburn area the other week could be a long wait targeting them has they are only the odd ones reported
        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Cresswell Carrs, odd one or two caught there but i dont think anyone goes out to Target them they just take the Cod baits.

john.
          One More Hoy

Comment

they've been caught around newton, craster and beadnell as well as cresswell which has already been mentioned.

but like what also has been said known one really targets them so when your up there its got to be worth trying one rod with a fish bait on while you fish for the cod with other.
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

I make it a target for the 25.12.2030 (if the worlds still here and things hav'nt went even more mental than now) to catch a conger from the northeast coast.

Comment

If your after conger have a day trip to the west cost of galloway. West tarbet bay or rocks at south side of Ardwell bay a must. take an uptide a big multi, heavy heavy line and a bucket of squid and mackeral. cast out no more than 10m fish bottom or float with long sink and be ready. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                X