best strong lasting line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InCodweTrust View Post
    Daiwa tourny gets my vote.....tough as old boots!

Suffix titanium...good but needs a light first cast to get it wet?, use it in smaller b/s.

Have several spools of F1...which i will not put on a reel now...abrades like hell...had so many snap offs, mid line, even when just lifting lead out of sand....shame because I love there tapered leaders...The ASSO ones are good tho.

Can any one recommend a hook length line, I use Amnesia...but have never really liked...just not found any thing better ?

Mel...
    For hook-lengths look no further than Maxima Chameleon - bought a 600m spool of 50lb years ago and still got loads left, it's my go-to for snoods for cod rigs, 30lb for flatties etc. For the heavy I'll step up to 80lb either Sakuma or Suffix (unless I can find some Maxima in 80lb!).

Oh and for mainlines, also swear by Daiwa Tournament and Suffix Tritanium, they're all I use. To my mind, Amnesia is only good for rotten-bottoms!

Gary
    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
      For hook-lengths look no further than Maxima Chameleon - bought a 600m spool of 50lb years ago and still got loads left, it's my go-to for snoods for cod rigs, 30lb for flatties etc. For the heavy I'll step up to 80lb either Sakuma or Suffix (unless I can find some Maxima in 80lb!).

Oh and for mainlines, also swear by Daiwa Tournament and Suffix Tritanium, they're all I use. To my mind, Amnesia is only good for rotten-bottoms!

Gary
      Ha !....been using Maxima for years, as go to mono in both coarse, and game, never dawned on me for sea fishing....apart from some 10lb for rotten bottoms...pinched from my game bag ?
      Just shows you never stop learning in the world of fishing!

Must say though, Gary....30lb for Flatties ?? i don't even use that on the Salmon ?.....Are these flatties 'Halbut....off Orkney??

Comment

Daiwa tournament ST is a much better line than Daiwa tournament IMHO.
        20lb tournament ST is 0.38 dia. and 20lb tournament is 0.43. ST is advertised predominantly as a carp line but it works a treat on a multi, I used to use nothing but F1 even though and as said it has crap abrasion resistance, then there was a period when you couldn't get it so I found the ST stuff and have never looked back, great strength, smooth and very hard wearing for a low diameter line. Downside is it's 50% more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by InCodweTrust View Post
          Ha !....been using Maxima for years, as go to mono in both coarse, and game, never dawned on me for sea fishing....apart from some 10lb for rotten bottoms...pinched from my game bag ?
          Just shows you never stop learning in the world of fishing!

Must say though, Gary....30lb for Flatties ?? i don't even use that on the Salmon ?.....Are these flatties 'Halbut....off Orkney??
          Nope, just your run-of-the-mill flatties, but you've only got to get a few whiting or other toothy critters having a go and even 30lb can be reduced to tatters after just a few chucks, especially on mixed ground. I choose my line to cope more with the ground I fish rather than the size of fish you're going to catch - reduced an 80lb hook length to tatters with a single pollock from Whitley pipe last year when it took me round the back and I had to skull-drag it back around the front - wrecked the other dangling hook as well. I have tied a few in 20lb for very short range, light rod beach use - "twenty pound tanglers" I call them - you get a lot less tangling with the heavier snoods!

Gary
          ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
          on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Its called Tanex orTenex forget which.Ain't seen any for ages.

Comment

Daiwa sensor or trilene. Have a spool of orange asso that I won't use anymore as i find it weak and sauna nite crystal that I was using for the rocks but find it stretches far too much.

Comment

Working...
              X