Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So say you were just starting sea fishing &....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So say you were just starting sea fishing &....

You knew little about what to buy & had a budget to stick to, which tackle shop would you use so you didn't get ya pants ripped off?
    Preferably South of the Tyne.
    My mate is wanting to get into it but knows little about gear to get him going & I'm 65 miles away! (he's a half decent fly fisher though)
    Thanks.

shop.

Rutherfords in Sunderland, Reelsport in South Shields without a doubt. two wise old salts that have been around the blocks a few times.
    When God made time he made loads of it.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

a round trip of 130 miles round trip long way m8
      you can pick up some good second hand gear rather than buy new gear
      sea fishing is a lot different to fly fishing, I do both, and to be honest I enjoy my sea fishing better than fly fishing now.
      for me fly fishing is on my door step, but its a 60 mile round trip to go to my local sea fishing spot.
      but hand on heart sea fishing is better for me just love to be down the coast off the pier or the beach or on a boat.
      consett warlord retired

Comment

It's alright for him, he's in Shotton & I'm in Boroughbridge! I'm the one who has to travel!
        He's been looking on Fleabay & sent me some links, he missed what I thought was a decent set of gear by 1 minute & another £5, which is why I was thinking he may as well go to a shop with his budget & get some better advice than I can give.

Comment

Hard to answer until he knows what sort of fishing he's going to want to do. Is he going to just plonk himself on piers (which doesn't appeal to me), in which case he can likely get away with some more basic kit.

Or is he going to want to fish from the rocks or from beaches. If so, how's his casting - could he comfortably use a powerful Century or the like or does he need something easier. Does he want to use a multi or take the easier option and use a fixed spool?

Lots of questions really - he should either look to try before he buys, maybe borrowing some gear from a mate or take a safe option and buy a mid to low range beachcaster (something like an Abu or Daiwa) with a F/S and from there work out what sort of fishing appeals to him.

I like NETS - always quite helpful in there although sometimes its bit cliquey

Comment

rutherfords or nets
            did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Cheers lads, I've passed Rutherfords & NETS to him, we'll see what transpires!

Comment

Working...
              X