Roker peir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roker peir

Just been told that it's shut due to damage to rails and the new surface they put down I don't no if this is true as I not been down to see myself does any one no if it's the truth or not cheers 🐋

roker pier

To nights Sunderland echo has the report closed until further notice 50 yards of rails damaged in recent big seas.MORE money wasted by the council.

Comment

The fence has gone as well as the blocks it was fastened to from the bunker back almost to the steps on bay side.

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
        To nights Sunderland echo has the report closed until further notice 50 yards of rails damaged in recent big seas.MORE money wasted by the council.
        It wasn't wasted at all. The new flooring they put in hasn't been affected, its the granite blocks that have gone over.
        Davy

Comment

Photos show extent of storm damage to Roker Pier
          Last edited by CosmicCat; 13-11-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I was down the sea front this afternoon and I noticed that they've recovered all of the rail/stone that was washed away and it looks like they've started to replace the missing section.

No idea of timescales but I hadn't expected to get onto the pier this winter so this is a potential bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPatch View Post
              I was down the sea front this afternoon and I noticed that they've recovered all of the rail/stone that was washed away and it looks like they've started to replace the missing section.

No idea of timescales but I hadn't expected to get onto the pier this winter so this is a potential bonus.
              yes i noticed on sunday theyd been fixing some of it just hurry up man theres ne where to fish man all piers are closed round ere
              did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

Just read on another site it is supposed to open over Xmas, although that must be doubtful given the forecast gales.

Comment

Given the extent of the damage i'll be surprised if it's open before the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                  X