Rough ground rod to suit f/s reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough ground rod to suit f/s reel

Hi all any advice on a decent rough ground rod to suit a fixed spool reel for about 150 qiud

Others might know better, Craggsy, but I don't think any of the heavy ground rods rung for multiplier struggle with a fixed spool. In the £150 bracket I guess you'd be looking at a second hand Greys, Century etc or maybe something like the heavier Leeda Icon.
    PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Cheers matey do you know if the Ron Thompson accelerater is any good as I can get a new one for 120

Comment

Rt axe

My son has used one for years and loves it.See liamne in for sale section he had a new one for £80
        Last edited by IANG; 06-12-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

The Axellerator is ideal with a big f/s off the rocks. And a very good price.
          Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

re rod.

Originally posted by IANG View Post
            My son has used one for years and loves it.See liamne in for sale section he had a new one for £80
            .eod IANG,ITSYOUR MONEY..but some how cant really see the r/t rod being ringed up to a f/s.think there to STRONG a rod.personaly i wouldent do it.but my opion.{for what its worth}.

Comment

I have shimano biomaster fixed spool reel but thinking of upgrading to a ultegra 1400 xsd as I've heard there the dogs bollocks of fixed spool reels so should suit a Ron Thompson accelerator? YES/NO I'm just getting back the sea fishing bug after 5 years out and the rod I'm using at the min is a penn pro power stick which is really flimsy for rough ground so just need a decent rod first as my reel at the min will do will get kids Christmas prezzies out the way and spend some money on myself cheers chaps

Comment

What about sonic sk4 black series for rough ground as they do a fixed spool version I need a lottery win to get what I want but don't we all

Comment

Those Soniks are probably absolutely fine, Craggsy. I've never been near a Ron Thompson so dunno about them. If I were you I'd go for a second hand rough ground rod.
                  PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

I have an Imax match extreme fs and it's a nice rod. Not sure about the Minima rings, some say they may groove with the braid. Only paid £98 for it a few months ago. I think they are normally around the £130 mark. Feels like a Leeda Icon Ultra Power but lighter.

Comment

ron thompson accelerater or the leeda icon ultra power both in you price range if you shop around for prices
                      consett warlord retired

Comment

As said previously, I have a brand new axe here for £80 – shop condition with tags if you’re interested.
                        I only use fixed spools now as of a couple year back and pair my axe with an ultegra 14000 – no problems

Feel free to come over and have a chuck before you buy
                        Last edited by LiamNE; 07-12-2016, 09:33 AM.
                        Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                        CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Originally posted by LiamNE View Post
                          As said previously, I have a brand new axe here for £80 – shop condition with tags if you’re interested.
                          I only use fixed spools now as of a couple year back and pair my axe with an ultegra 14000 – no problems

Feel free to come over and have a chuck before you buy
                          thats a bargain at £80 new, for a fellow angler
                          consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by Ray.J. View Post
                            I have an Imax match extreme fs and it's a nice rod. Not sure about the Minima rings, some say they may groove with the braid. Only paid £98 for it a few months ago. I think they are normally around the £130 mark. Feels like a Leeda Icon Ultra Power but lighter.

Very nice rod indeed , used it in a match and can say worth every penny have a look. coped with a 5lb off beach and is well up to the rough stuff .

Comment

am suprised no one has mentioned afaw, for the price they are well worth it, cope with all condition's very well.
                              a sold all my gear a while ago, but when a start again i'll be having the afaw 6 and bait.

Comment

Working...
                              X