sonik black rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonik black rod

Morning lads.got a message off friend of mine last night regarding his 14ft sonik black that he bought new about 6 month ago.it snapped while he was useing it yestrday n just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with theres.i
    cheers

A number of rods have been reported as snapping. Unfortunately Sonik have got a very bad name. However there is a lifetime guarantee on their rods, so contact Sonik and they should replace broken part.

Comment

I knew theres had been a problem with earlier rods made by sonik but wasnt sure about the sonik blacks.he did mention it had lifetime garantee.cheers

Comment

there has been a lot of problems with some of the sonic range of sea rods
        I would just stay clear of them myself after reading reports in the angling press
        and on internet fishing sites.
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Thanks for replys lads.ive just spoke to my mate and is now got the house turned upside down looking for the reciept for the rod lol

Comment

If you pop up to the blyth warehouse I'm sure they will exchange the section for you I've done it before without a receipt, but don't use sonic now
            ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
            Okuma trio Rex
            Aerlex 7000xsa
            Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

here you go m8
              coniston court
              blyth industrial estate
              blyth
              ne24 4rp.

Comment

I've heard reasonable things about the sonik black rods. Know of a fe W lads who like them. Not for me though.... Hope he finds his receipt!
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks for all replies and info lads.passed info onto my mate n he should get sorted ok.thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
                    there has been a lot of problems with some of the sonic range of sea rods
                    I would just stay clear of them myself after reading reports in the angling press
                    and on internet fishing sites.
                    What angling press did you read these reports?

Comment

Originally posted by BassBassBass View Post
                      What angling press did you read these reports?
                      sea angler when they first started to have some problems with some of there rods breaking some time back
                      consett warlord retired

Comment

I know there's been a lot of controversy about sonik rods, especially the black.
                        A friend of mine was given 1 by a well known tackle shop to put through its paces and try and snap it, it's the only rod he's used since getting it and it's still going strong chucking 6oz and bait 150-180 yards for fun. The feedback I got from him was "it''s actually a nice rod, I wouldn't buy 1 but I'm happy using it."
                        Personally the bad press I've seen about them I wouldn't buy 1 but I think for the price and the lifetime guarantee you can't go far wrong for the money.

Comment

My mate went upto the factory today as just reopened after xmas hols n tbey replaced it for him so he a happy chappy n all sorted

Comment

what more can you ask,good result. davy.
                            PB
                            COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                            COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                            Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                            Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                            Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                            Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                            Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Yes great result n he well pleased

Comment

Working...
                              X