Season Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Point

Heading up there tonight and some tips would be welcome. I'm going to fish north side of the channel but would south side be better. Also is it best to drop the bait into the channel or bang it out to sea.
    Any tips appreciated.

Do you mean Seaton Point near Boulmer? If so then it's at the south end of the bay at Boulmer and the north end of Foxton beach. To get to Seaton Point you drive past Foxton golf course on ya right then you take a right turn about 1 mile south of Boulmer and park on a dead end road next to the wooden holiday chalets then walk down the concrete steps and head left towards the rocks. It's rough ground with some nice gullies so distance casting isn't always necessary unless ya trying to clear the kelp beds. Good luck!

Comment

Aye, Seaton Point. Cheers for the info mate, appreciate it. Just heading off in an hour or so

Comment

Just out of interest ROBBO1530, did u fish Seaton ? Any joy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

I didn't mate as I got going too late and ended up fishing the tide up. Went to Hadston Beach, to the left of the scars. Two in the first two casts both around 1.5 lb around low water and then as the tide came in just got weeded off. Shame as there were fish about.

Comment

Originally posted by robbo1530 View Post
            I didn't mate as I got going too late and ended up fishing the tide up. Went to Hadston Beach, to the left of the scars. Two in the first two casts both around 1.5 lb around low water and then as the tide came in just got weeded off. Shame as there were fish about.

I, the tide waits for no man ! lol. Still a few fish for your Troubles.
            The reason I was interested, was I used to have a caravan 300yds from Foxton Beach, & I used to see a few lads time to time fishing the north end boulders. I only ever fished the beach for flats.
            Heard there was bass, but I didn't see any !
            Tight Lines Pal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

I had a couple of Bass in the Amble Open on Sunday just south of the Carrs unfortunately they were undersized (37cm and 32cm)

Comment

Originally posted by CODMAN View Post
                I had a couple of Bass in the Amble Open on Sunday just south of the Carrs unfortunately they were undersized (37cm and 32cm)
                They can't be kept or weighed in anyway. The close season is 1st Jan-end of June.
                Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Working...
                X