angler rescued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angler rescued

just read in the Sunday Sun about an angler being rescued from Blyth east pier, how stupid can you get going to the end of the pier in a sea like that. And putting the lives at risk of those coming to your aid.
    Alan

Exactly what I've just said on another thread Alan ! Stupidity and selfishness !
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

av posted in the other thread aswell alan, total idiot, he should be made to pay for the service's that wen't to help him, and named.

Comment

Total balloon .

Comment

Sounds like the end of a very large bell.
          And I agree, should be given the bill. There's a bit of difference between someone getting into difficulty for a genuine reason & being a total buffoon.
          No sympathy from me.

Comment

not only did he put the lives of those going to his aid at risk, talking to my son tonight he delayed the helicopter getting to another rescue involving a trawler by two hours
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
              not only did he put the lives of those going to his aid at risk, talking to my son tonight he delayed the helicopter getting to another rescue involving a trawler by two hours
              What is it with people? Do some folk think theyr'e dead hard & invincible against the forces of nature or what? When in effect theyr'e just selfish pig**** thick!

Comment

I arrived on Blyth pier on that day, saw the pilot boat then the small RNLI zodiac both "standing " off the pier where the angler was. The impression I got was, he didn't want to be "rescued", he was indicating to the pilot boat to go away and just let him fish.
                Then the large inflatable RNLI boat arrived, with what appeared to be a stalemate with the a angler continuing to fish. Eventually gave in to the dilemer, packed up fishing, and started to walk to the awaiting lifeboat crewman, who was now on the pier. Just after they reached the first groin from the end of the pier, a very large wave went right over the pier where they had just walked. There is no hand railinge there, and would undouptedly have both been washed off. Definately should have not been on there!!!!!!!!!
                Last edited by canman; 16-01-2017, 07:17 PM.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                X