Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance required for Masters degree research

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone will be able to volunteer their time to assist me with a postgraduate research project at Lindisfarne from May - September this year.

I am looking for someone that has access to a small boat to help me deploy underwater cameras at some sites there for about an hour a day two times a month. Unfortunately I will not be able to pay you for your time but I can supply you with food and drink in return.

If you would be interested in helping me out and knowing more about my project please PM me.

Thank you and kind regards

Ashley

would suggest you pop up to Lindisfarne and ask one of the local fishermen
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyEndacott View Post
      Hi all,

I am hoping that someone will be able to volunteer their time to assist me with a postgraduate research project at Lindisfarne from May - September this year.

I am looking for someone that has access to a small boat to help me deploy underwater cameras at some sites there for about an hour a day two times a month. Unfortunately I will not be able to pay you for your time but I can supply you with food and drink in return.

If you would be interested in helping me out and knowing more about my project please PM me.

Thank you and kind regards

Ashley
      dont be dissapoinred if you meet with a negative response,activities are generally viewed with a high level of suspicion by members of the fishing community---but the best of luck,hope im wrong
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by The Doctor; 25-02-2017, 05:42 PM. Reason: Cause I deleted it.

Comment

You might be better off contacting a dive club that head up that way?
          My mate used to dive around there & his club were quite protective of sealife in the area. (like they'd never bring lobsters back etc)
          Just thinking a dive club may be more interested in your requirements.

Comment

I don't know exactly what the guy is wanting to do but I just wanted to say that I also had to produce a piece of research for my degree which needed outside help. The request is likely to be legit.

If any one can help him, perhaps give it some consideration.

All the best
            Skiptonian

Comment

Thanks for all the messages so far, I have an old colleague that does some diving around Northumberland, I may ask her if she has any contacts.

For those that want to know, my research will be looking at different methods that best assess the use of an area as a fish nursery.

Thanks
              Ash

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyEndacott View Post
                Thanks for all the messages so far, I have an old colleague that does some diving around Northumberland, I may ask her if she has any contacts.

For those that want to know, my research will be looking at different methods that best assess the use of an area as a fish nursery.

Thanks
                Ash
                You will have to significantly reduce the seal population first, and you wont be needing any degree to assess or figure that out.

Comment

Working...
                X