No announcement yet.

Spinning rod and reel combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the 8ft 15-40g version mate. Works really well for all of the lures I use. There are cheaper rods that will do a job and more expensive better rods but at this price you won't find anything better in my opinion. Got a 3000 size shimano on mine and braid. Lovely set up
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by lbirdman View Post

So that there will cast upto 40g at its max distance , will this rod land most stamp fish that al come across with no bother .
      Don't worry about the rod handling the fish mate. Mind we use a telescopic net to get the big fish out the water.

What's the next length and weight down from that one? I reckon that might not bend much with the lighter lures.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Does your savage gear bushwhacker road have Fuji reel seat my rod has came and seems like a toy rod and pics of your would be appreciated lads .

Comment

Mine has got a Fuji reel seat. Sounds strange. What do you mean it seems like a toy rod?
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
            Mine has got a Fuji reel seat. Sounds strange. What do you mean it seems like a toy rod?

Mine got a gold savage gear sticker were Fuji should be, it just feels crap to be fair like it's a Chinese copy . Love to compare it to a different rod .

Comment

Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
              Mine got a gold savage gear sticker were Fuji should be, it just feels crap to be fair like it's a Chinese copy . Love to compare it to a different rod .
              My bushy is a mk1. They may have changed the seat for the mk2 but 2 of my friends have that one and the seat looks exactly the same when we're out fishing.

Have you not just got a shock how light and bendy the rod is compared to what your used to? Can you post a pic of it? And has it got the Fuji guides on? Might be worth a look in north east tackle. They have some on the shelf.
              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                My bushy is a mk1. They may have changed the seat for the mk2 but 2 of my friends have that one and the seat looks exactly the same when we're out fishing.

Have you not just got a shock how light and bendy the rod is compared to what your used to? Can you post a pic of it? And has it got the Fuji guides on? Might be worth a look in north east tackle. They have some on the shelf.

Yeh maybe m8 is defo light and bendy lol , no Fuji guides either will upload pics soon .

Comment

Says sg gold reel seat so could be real but but of a down grade to the mk1 in my opinion .

Comment

Looks genuine to me marra. The only difference is the sticker on the reel seat. Your welcome to compare it to my mk1 if ya not too far away.

Just wait till you get a canny fish on it. You'll forget all about this.
                    All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I've got the mark 2 but I'm sure my reel seat says Fuji going to have to look now!

The whole rod is incredibly light though which can take a bit of getting used too! That's how they are ment to feel... They ain't designed for chucking a 6oz sinker into the kelp!! Lol
                      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Never had a chance to try the rod back away for 2 week . Sure it will be fine it's got the new guides two , defo get out this time home , any one going out after the 25th who can show a straggler how to go on would be much appreciated .

Comment

Working...
                        X