No announcement yet.

bait and dog again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fish that area regularly and between the stone steps and camels island I counted 27 bags of disguarded dog dirt, all in the same type of bag, why pick it up and bag it then throw it down when no one is watching. As in all walks of life there are some people that give others a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
      Should of had the dogs on the lead when passing the angler. The amount of times I’ve had words with people about THEIR dogs pi**ing on my equipment or eating my bait or elastic etc is a joke. Dogs are the owners responsibility. Fair enough a rig with no one in sight or their gear, that’s bad craic.
      I get sick of my box getting pi**ed on.tynemouth is really bad for it,i can only remember one person saying sorry and asking if I had anything they could use to wipe it off,most just walk away as if its nothing and a odd one has laughed as if its funny,i have dogs and they wouldn't think it funny if I let them p*ss on there car door.plus the dogs doing it are normally to far away from there owner to be stopped

Comment

Originally posted by mardenq View Post
        I get sick of my box getting pi**ed on.tynemouth is really bad for it,i can only remember one person saying sorry and asking if I had anything they could use to wipe it off,most just walk away as if its nothing and a odd one has laughed as if its funny,i have dogs and they wouldn't think it funny if I let them p*ss on there car door.plus the dogs doing it are normally to far away from there owner to be stopped
        that's exactly how it goes for me quite often u get a grin or a chuckle , (no harm really done ) a could.nt care less attitude most of the time and very rarely u get sorry that's why u see dogs on a beach a fair distance from the owner so they do not see their **** machine doing it out of the sight of them
        its the owner who need training first before they allowed to have a dog and owners then have to take dog to get trained for basic commands like stay, stop, wait and come here and able to prove
        it before being allowed in public with the dog

Comment

Originally posted by waco View Post
          that's exactly how it goes for me quite often u get a grin or a chuckle , (no harm really done ) a could.nt care less attitude most of the time and very rarely u get sorry that's why u see dogs on a beach a fair distance from the owner so they do not see their **** machine doing it out of the sight of them
          its the owner who need training first before they allowed to have a dog and owners then have to take dog to get trained for basic commands like stay, stop, wait and come here and able to prove
          it before being allowed in public with the dog
          Waco, my ****Machines are well trained, and as a fellow angler, i alway's keep them well away from fishing gear, rod's boxes and the like.
          Don't go tarring everyone with the same brush, or the dog walker's will do the same with angler's.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
            Waco, my ****Machines are well trained, and as a fellow angler, i alway's keep them well away from fishing gear, rod's boxes and the like.
            Don't go tarring everyone with the same brush, or the dog walker's will do the same with angler's.
            I,am also a dog owner and I take my dog down the beach most days, when I pass fishermen I always either pick my dog up or put her on a lead, there is good and bad on both sides, most dog owners don't know the danger, some simply don't care, yes I have had my box xxxxed on with the grins Waco mentioned, however fishing rubbish is left by some anglers and the same people who leave the cart wrappers, newspapers and dirty rags when there is bins nearby won't change, the argument could go on forever, as long as we do what is right by anglers and take our rubbish home or bin it, we won't get a bad name from dog walkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
              did I say you, no I did not only yesterday a bloke came down to groyne and promptly put his dog (pup) on the ground (no lead on, it went toward my gear I told him I BAITED HOOKS IN MY BAIT BUCKET keep dog away, he says it just a pup not know what it doing , , I then warned him again and had to raise my voice before he decided to move dog from my gear and then say it would not be 1st time he had take hook from a dogs mouth, I am only relating what I have seen with some stupid dog owners from personal experience I do not know what u do and others who I have not seen
              Last edited by waco; 08-01-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                just had a guy on the phone, he is an angler, he was down on beach beside Camels Island Sth Shields with his two dogs on New Years Eve, another angler had left his rod in a stand unaccompanied while he was off taking photos, two freshly baited hooks hanging there, one of his dogs swallowed one and the other grabbed the other you can imagine the chaos. He had to call emergency vet out and they operated straight away, he managed to get hook out the other himself. Unfortunately he wasn't insured, dog naturally is still not right.
                Similar thing happened recently down my way, really big stink a bout it , the dog died, heart broken lady owner

Comment

Working...
                X