it had to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it had to happen

it was only a matter of time before my icon power went over and bust the bottom ring I have had a reasonable quote to replace the lot but dont know which rod rings to get any suggestions

pm fishfingers he will give you good advice
    have you got a cloth

Comment

ill 2nd that Tony.Stan does a great job,done a couple of my rods.

Comment

thats the only problem with the leeda icon rod range the poor quality rings .
        had the same problem with my icon match went over 3 rings nackered got stan to replace all the rings on the rod with kwangs excellent job
        Last edited by dale19; 12-01-2018, 10:23 AM.
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by ecoli View Post
          it was only a matter of time before my icon power went over and bust the bottom ring I have had a reasonable quote to replace the lot but dont know which rod rings to get a suggestions
          you live in dunston stans at low fell,only 5 ins car |, no contest stans the man , OH by the way he is one of the best rod builders ,done several rods for me ,you not be disapointed

Comment

if you contact stan and take the rod over he will adives you on rings for your rod
            it will depend on what your budget is for new rings.
            consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
              if you contact stan and take the rod over he will adives you on rings for your rod
              it will depend on what your budget is for new rings.
              been quoted from £50 plus rings depends on what I want done and which rings I choose I dont really have a budget but just cant seem to find much info on what rings people are using I was thinking about minima 4 and a diamite tip ring

Comment

Originally posted by ecoli View Post
                been quoted from £50 plus rings depends on what I want done and which rings I choose I dont really have a budget but just cant seem to find much info on what rings people are using I was thinking about minima 4 and a diamite tip ring
                I personally can't stand the minimas or diamite tip rings but each to their own!

Got kwags on a couple of my rods and I really like them. The stainless steel ones aren't that bad price wise.

I would just give Stan a buzz and see what he advises if your not fussed either way.
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

just go and see stan he does not bite, he will point you in the right direction for rings for your rod.and work out a price for you
                  stan has been doing this for a very long time and he is a spot on guy cant fault the lad
                  consett warlord retired

Comment

have sent him a pm

Comment

Why don't you just replace the bottom ring yourself? The bottom ring doesn't see any weighty action. 5 quid off ebay for the ring, some nylon thread and modellers enamel and job is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X