Been away a long,long time with ilness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been away a long,long time with ilness

As per title I have been I'll for a few years and don't think I could use a beach caster, walking not so good either but I have a mobility scooter and forgotten more than I know about fishing (didn't know a lot before but got by and enjoyed myself) but was wondering if it is worth me trying to spin for macky on the piers? I cant even remember if its the right time of year for it.

I have a Berligo I can wedge the large scooter in and carry gear but just wondered if it's worth trying

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers Lorry.

Plenty time left for macky mate.rest of this month n september aswell.get yourself out n give it a go.youl provs have a cracking time.

Comment

Is there no probs with gates to get along with the scooter.

Thanks for answering.

Comment

No problem at roker.they open 24 hours if weather ok.shields gates open about 8 ish i think

Comment

go for it bud,you may feel the better for getting out and about!!!!!!!!!
          AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

That's what I'm hoping for I think it's been about 5 years I think apart from going to the shops I've done nowt even a ride along the pier will be a bonus

Thanks for answering if you see a fat bloke on the pier on a black scooter throwing fishing gear in the drink it's me stop and say hello

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lorry View Post
              That's what I'm hoping for I think it's been about 5 years I think apart from going to the shops I've done nowt even a ride along the pier will be a bonus

Thanks for answering if you see a fat bloke on the pier on a black scooter throwing fishing gear in the drink it's me stop and say hello

Cheers
              Try Hendon prom,see trigger down there or richy d they will help you out.

Comment

Thanks everyone for answering I am going to get a trailer knocked up for the scooter to carry stuff and give it a go.

Cheers

Comment

sorry to hear about your illness, but good that your getting around, the lad's have mentioned the piers to the south but where actually do you live, if you fancy trying Blyth pier drop me a pm, if i'm not at work i could meet you. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the offer I'm from Tow Law but just now my driving limit is about Sunderland, Shields area last time I drove to Newcastle and straight back I was knackered for two days but I'm thinking/hoping a break in between fishing I might be OK.

Comment

GREAT,post LORRY.
                      JUST,give members a heads up,when you fancy a session out.
                      im sure 100%,we can see you ok.
                      ill personly try @ meet for a session with you if you fancy it.
                      i think {WALK WAY},at s/s would be a great start.
                      just give me a pm.
                      ill,even sort you out with the bait {foc}.

Comment

Thanks for the offers lads, I can sort of get about OK just lack energy and can't walk long distances that was the idea of spinning I can do 20/30 yard walks ok but slinging beach casters would be out the question to be honest most people don't realise how bad things are to look at me.

The plan is this week I will try and sort a trailer for the scooter to get along the piers with gear but I could hang rod holder tube over the seat and there is a motorcycle back box fitted already to the back of the seat so one way or another I will sort something out and hopefully give it a shot next week (also I have sorted a heap of plugs and lures from fleebay).

Anyone wondering like I say I kind of look OK but been in better shape but after finding out I had high blood pressure before an opp I was handed a heap of smarties from the doc only to find out I was seriously allergic to Statins but not monitored before I collapsed and the damage was done leaving me weak prior to that I was as fit as a racing snake so take heed and monitor yourselves

Comment

Oh when I do come out I will try and let people know because it will be probably a session on short notice when I can't sleep during the night but I will bring along two small spinning rods and reels loaded with toby lures maybe only 5/6 foot long to give to kids not for re-sale they are worth nothing just to get kids involved for free so if you see a bloke on a pier with a black mobility scooter come up and say Hi are you Lorry have you got a rod for my kid and get them started.

I am sure a dad can get a macky on board and hold onto your kid to give him or her the fish fight of a lifetime they will never forget as on one of these rods will pull the kid in and cement into them fishing for life.

However when they are gone I will post saying so therefore if you don't see a post saying they have gone it doesn't matter what time of day it is if you see me just ask
                          Last edited by lorry; 17-08-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lorry View Post
                            Oh when I do come out I will try and let people know because it will be probably a session on short notice when I can't sleep during the night but I will bring along two small spinning rods and reels loaded with toby lures maybe only 5/6 foot long to give to kids not for re-sale they are worth nothing just to get kids involved for free so if you see a bloke on a pier with a black mobility scooter come up and say Hi are you Lorry have you got a rod for my kid and get them started.

I am sure a dad can get a macky on board and hold onto your kid to give him or her the fish fight of a lifetime they will never forget as on one of these rods will pull the kid in and cement into them fishing
                            great gesture there weel done
                            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

To be honest they are just a tad upgrade from the high tech garden cane with a green net on the end but to a kid they might be great

Comment

Working...
                              X