Ardentinny this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardentinny this weekend!

The October school holiday week has arrived and strangely the weather is decent - so far. That will probably change later in the week as we head off across the Clyde for 3 nights at Glenfinnan Caravan Park, Ardentinny. Just 4 miles past our favourite haunt - Blairmore. However as we always go on the bus we have never been the extra 4 miles. Well actually Mark used to go to Ardentinny when he was wee, but we have never been together. It was a last minute decision, as we were just going to relax this week, but I had a look on groupon, just out of interest really and saw the advert for the park - I didn't know there was one there. It looks a bit tired and there are no facilities, like a shop! However it looks like a beautiful rural setting, it's just a boat ride and a 15 mile drive away, so I booked it! Only £90 for 3 nights - not each, all in! smiley32
    Mark of course tried to put a dampener on it by telling me the cost of the car on Western Ferries would be £25 return- big deal cheapskate!

The site and the van I booked.

It is probably too late for Mackerel, so might try these rocks with some bought ragworm. I will have to get Mark to show me how to use a float rig - not that he is very experienced at it mind you, but he says it looks fishy - whatever that means. smiley-lol.gif

Maybe give these rocks a miss.

Weather looks settled, no wind or rain forecast, but not much sun either, just cloudy. Looking forward to a wee break and maybe a small saithe or two. Will put up a report, fish or no fish!

That looks a bonny place and the rocks could offer good fishing. Get your wetsuit on and join the kids to check out the marks.

Comment

all looks very inviting!!!!!! enjoy!!
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Beautiful backdrop to the caravan site. Looks glorious.
        Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Working...
        X