Good sesh on Seah Pier Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sesh on Seah Pier Saturday

Had a good (for me) sesh on Seaham pier Saturday. High tide was 1600 hrs approx, so I fished 1400-17-- hrs. Baits used was fresh lug with mackerel. Bites came with 10 minutes, two rods out- 1 at 40 yards, the other 100 yards. Possibly flattering myself there on that last one a bit though. Used a size 1/0 clipped pennel rig on one rod, and a 3 hook flapper (all 1/0s) on the other- 40 yards this one. God a lovely dogfish after 10 minutes around the 3 pound mark on the top hook of the flapper rig, with a small cod on the bottom hook! Both went back to fight another day. Next the longer range rod went nuts, and a suicidal whitie had swallowed the bait to its tail almost. A good size, so was quickly dispatched. 3 more whiting followed, at all ranges. Weather was pretty awful with rain full on in the boat-race, and driving wind. Sea state went from rough and smashing up the pier in places, to calming right off, only to then get up again. Still very enjoyable though. First outing of my new Imax thermal two piece suit; why, at 43 years old, have I only just bought one of these!?! BEST bit of kit I've bought.

This wipes out my blank last Wednesday at the Rathouse- the lad next to me had 5 whities, his Dad 8 I think; me and the Ancient Mariner (he's not old, just very cursed) blanked. Less 1 x angry crab and a 4 foot piece of kelp. Our FEZ (Fish Exclusion Zone) must have accidentally been turned out. Damn.
    Attached Files
    "Lo, they do call to me; let me take my place among them, where the brave will live...forever". (And drink beer; also forever. And catch some fish).

PBs-
    Shore- 4 lb Cod, 3 lb 4 oz Bass, Dogfish 4lb
    Kayak- 5 lb 12 oz Ling, 2 lb 6 oz Mackerel, 6 lb Pollack
    Boat- 9 lb 10 oz Ling, 7 lb Cod

Rods

1. An old rod brought back to life by fishfingers (possibly a Conoflex Cod 6)
    2. Grey PZ Match MK1
    3. Sonik SKS

Reels

Penn 525 Mag 2 (x2) & Abu 6500 c3/CT/C3 Mag Hi-Speed

Sounds like a good busy session pal. When there’s nowt happening, a bit fish bait can create a bit sport with the Whitey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Agreed mate; will be pretty much my now standard 'go to bait'. Strange we got mullered by crabs at the Ratty, but not a single encounter on the pier. Not complaining though!
      "Lo, they do call to me; let me take my place among them, where the brave will live...forever". (And drink beer; also forever. And catch some fish).

PBs-
      Shore- 4 lb Cod, 3 lb 4 oz Bass, Dogfish 4lb
      Kayak- 5 lb 12 oz Ling, 2 lb 6 oz Mackerel, 6 lb Pollack
      Boat- 9 lb 10 oz Ling, 7 lb Cod

Rods

1. An old rod brought back to life by fishfingers (possibly a Conoflex Cod 6)
      2. Grey PZ Match MK1
      3. Sonik SKS

Reels

Penn 525 Mag 2 (x2) & Abu 6500 c3/CT/C3 Mag Hi-Speed

Comment

Working...
      X