Sunday Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Sun

Just been informed the last sea angling column will appear in the SS on Jan 6th
    Alan

disgrace alan, love reading the write ups.
    have you got a cloth

Comment

bad news that Alan, I've been reading the sunday sun all my life, only for the fishing write up, that's my finish. Will you still be writing for the ev chronicle...?...

Comment

Sad news Alan...however, I can't believe that the lifespan of regional papers is going to be very long now

Gary
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
          bad news that Alan, I've been reading the sunday sun all my life, only for the fishing write up, that's my finish. Will you still be writing for the ev chronicle...?...
          Sam Harris used to do the chronicle that went a while ago along with the journal nothing left now
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
            Sad news Alan...however, I can't believe that the lifespan of regional papers is going to be very long now

Gary
            Can see the SS and chronicle disappearing
            Alan

Comment

Its hard to believe that one of the highest particpant sports in the Uk will not have any coverage. Before tinternet it was the only source of useful information

Comment

its not only the papers giving angling a shove but north tyneside council seams hellbent on getting rid of clubs with botac being thrown out after 60yrs of opens and giving nearly 30 thousand pounds to charity.now sharing with whitley bay who are under threat in the new year,have cancelled both s/s and chronicle.will there be shore fishing in 5yrs time I doubt it. davy.
                PB
                COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Sad to hear its the last one gone Alan mate absolute bummer
                  Weapons of choice
                  ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
                  Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                  Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

It's an end of era of the good old days when you would look forward to read the results in your local paper. Such a tragedy to the people who enjoy and bought a paper for fishing news. Many on line now but not the same in my opinion. They
                    ( the papers) would rather put an advertisement in about lip fillers or eye brows waxed. F.........the lot of them. It's a sport in its own right!!!

Comment

Sunday Sun

Definitely end of Era this, such a shame, started my interest and knowledge, reading the Sunday Sun fishing colume by Dave Higgins in the 1970s.Big well done and thankyou to Alan for continuing the columes in the local papers for the last couple decades.

Comment

thanks alan for all the write ups
                        Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Cheers everyone
                          Alan

Comment

Sunday sun, Evening chronicle

I it's of any use to clubs that are running opens etc. you can get the information put out on air on Saturday mornings on Gone Fishing.
                            This is a radio show that is broadcast every Saturday live between 8am and 10am. Tho show covers all disciplines of angling.
                            There is a team of top class anglers from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
                            From the North East we have Sunderland tackle dealer Andy Rutherford,Les Weller Chairman of the Northumbrian IFCA, Ann Woodcock one of Britains top salmon and sea trout anglers, Rob Thirlwell member of Newbiggin angling club, also from the North East Don Coe manager of all of the Northumbrian waters in the area.
                            The programe can be heard on 104.5 CVFM Radio - CVFM Radio 104.5fm you can also download an app to hear it on your mobile.
                            Every week we have different guests on the show,we have had guests from South Africa, Germany. Australia, America, Canada, Norway, China, France etc. etc.
                            If you want to contact me my e-mail adress is samharris01@aol.com or telephone 0191 5184561.

Comment

That's a great help to Alan Charlton.

Comment

Working...
                              X