Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Comp

Hi
    came across this old pic of a Fishing comp on the Old North Blyth Pier, sorry if its been posted before.

john.
    Attached Files
    One More Hoy

Sardines

THATS WOT SHOULDER TO SHOULDER IS TANGLES GALORE
    KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

nee different to shields when the maccy,s in
      have you got a cloth

Comment

Pier photo

Remember seeing that photo of the pier first time in early 1970s,was in a book l bought from,Tonybax will remember the place , Shepherds, on the 3rd floor lol ,called Handbook Guide to North East Sea,Course and Game Fishing.Dave Higgins wrote the sea section, on all the venues and shore marks between Dunbar and Redcar.

Grand old man and fisherman he was, with Tynemouth club, he wrote all the local sea fishing reports for the newspaper columns here, met him a few times at his house in Cullercoats,first time ever seen tanked bait, ragworm and lug, with a airpump that was 1974,was straight out get me own after seeing that ,all my middens rag alive and tanked after that.Knew a thing or two these old codgers about catching fish and keeping bait,just shows theres nothing new in this fishing game all been done before,we youngins just copy and got a lot too learn.What a call the good old days.

Comment

Its good seeing old fishing photos.
          Fishing with green heart rods ( now that's stiff), back casting and getting just a few yards out. Still caught more larger fish.

Anyone else got old photos.

Comment

fishing comp

Yes your spot on Rapter, thats the very book. One of the lads in our boat club ( he is 70yrs ) found the book when his older brother died few weeks back and was clearing the house out, he lent me the book and i copied the photo. Was a good read that book.

john.
            One More Hoy

Comment

anyone know where i can get a copy of this book or have an ISBN number for it?

Cheers

Comment

I will have to look for this book ��
                species so far :cod,whiting,coalie,dab,flounder ,plaice,3bearded rockling,mackeral,granny fish best for 2012 :6lbcod

Comment

Working...
                X