Wrecking out of the Tyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecking out of the Tyne

Our very own 'Volante' mentioned here....

Anyone know what happened to the Briar?
    Davy

pretty sure the briar is lying at the bottom about a mile off the pier
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
      pretty sure the briar is lying at the bottom about a mile off the pier
      correct, had many a good day out with John, there's a photo on the site somewhere of one of those days, we all look a lot younger then
      Alan

Comment

I have 3 wrecks on my lists called the Brier, 1 off Souter 6 miles, other 1.8miles from the pier ends and 1 just off Blyth about 8miles, never fished the Blyth one but the other two there.....over the years the names get changed so god knows what they called when they went down...

HELP/MAYDAY MAYDAY i think
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

tennicks name rings a bell wasnt tennicks of dundass street who remembers that tackle shop am showing my age now lol
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

richy the brier and briar might be different wrecks as the spelling is different
            the briar we fish with bert is 6 miles off the tyne

sless

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
              tennicks name rings a bell wasnt tennicks of dundass street who remembers that tackle shop am showing my age now lol
              Aye, thats right Codseeker.
              Davy

Comment

Briar

The "Briar" was sold by John Leathley many years ago and was taken down to London by the new owner. To my knowledge she is still down there moored up and being used as a houseboat on the Thames. John lived at Stanley but has been dead for many years. I spent many happy hours on the "Briar"and had some cracking fish from her. If I knew how to do it I would put loads of photographs of John and the fish we caught from the boat on here. At my age I barely know how to send an e-mail never mind photographs though, I still work on gas !!!!!.
                Tight Lines, Sam.

Comment

Its a shame you can't get them on Sam. Have you a scanner or digital camera?
                  Davy

Comment

Photographs.

Hi Davy. They are all old photo's, mainly black and white. Her who must be obeyed is going to try and work out how to put them on, we have a scanner so she might be able to sort it out.
                    Tight Lines, Sam.

Comment

Is this the Briar you were thinking of sam?

sat in hull for a while, before being converted to a houseboat but she's not in london....

made her own way to New Zealand! where she is still in use as a houseboat

got a picture of the briar that sank off the tyne somewhere, will try dig it out
                      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

briar

hello sam john sold the briar to two lads in north shields it was the bridget lass wat went down south i worked the briar with john for two years at the prawns in the winter then wrecking trips in the summer had some good trips in them days

Comment

Working...
                        X