any one had a zziplex nrg1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one had a zziplex nrg1?

Bought one dirt cheap and getting it rebuilt this weekend by Stan was wondering if anyone has had one?

I have a Zippy NG1 and NG2 if that’s what you mean. They have 8 1/2ft tips and 4ft butts. Built in the 1980’s, they were the first of the Zziplex carbon rods, which is where the name came from NG1 = New Generation. Competition casters took to them and the brand’s reputation and range grew from there.

The NG1 was rated to cast 2~8oz and the NG2 was a lighter version; 5oz of lead suits the NG1. Both are short, soft rods by today’s standards but good to fish clean beaches with.
    The tip of the NG1 tapers from carbon to glass fibre making them sensitive for spotting bites if you leave the rod in the rest.

Comment

Ng does indeed stand for new generation but they definitely weren't the first carbon zziplexs, they followed the 1005, 2500 etc. They had a flexible fast taper tip but loads of power lower down and we're true pendulum type rods. I'm sure Mr kerry used one to put some big distances down before moving over to daiwa. I remember RS Tackle had one in with a 5 ft butt and i couldn't keep my hands off it. I used to have a play every time I was in the shop lol. They were followed up by the pro am and federation. Around that time century had the tiger range out then came the snapezee's

Comment

Originally posted by CHUKKA View Post
        Ng does indeed stand for new generation but they definitely weren't the first carbon zziplexs, they followed the 1005, 2500 etc. They had a flexible fast taper tip but loads of power lower down and we're true pendulum type rods. I'm sure Mr kerry used one to put some big distances down before moving over to daiwa. I remember RS Tackle had one in with a 5 ft butt and i couldn't keep my hands off it. I used to have a play every time I was in the shop lol. They were followed up by the pro am and federation. Around that time century had the tiger range out then came the snapezee's
        Still got my Pro-am match, love it but no good for heavy ground. My favourite was the old dream machine though, but used a 5ft carbon butt with it.
        Davy

Comment

Working...
        X