some from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some from the past

A 36lb conger caught on the linconshire coast in a shore match by my dad 1950

Heres that picture

Comment

awesome !
      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

possibly only a 9ft,10ft rod.bet it was well bent over lol.thanks for sharing.

Comment

great stuff! love old pics like that

Comment

Great pic
            Davy

Comment

old casting style

I well remember my grandfather's gear. the thick green heart sea rod and scarborough reel. 3 brass paternoster arms and a back cast over the shoulder into the harbour at Amble. Both fish and bait were plentiful in the 40's and 50,s too with most beaches covered in lug casts at low water and no restrictions due to over digging. WW11 had kept commercial fishing to a bare minimum, the shore was out of bounds so vitually no digging and the sea had had a period of 6 years to replenish its self , which it did... happy days .

Comment

Originally posted by neefish View Post
                I well remember my grandfather's gear. the thick green heart sea rod and scarborough reel. 3 brass paternoster arms and a back cast over the shoulder into the harbour at Amble. Both fish and bait were plentiful in the 40's and 50,s too with most beaches covered in lug casts at low water and no restrictions due to over digging. WW11 had kept commercial fishing to a bare minimum, the shore was out of bounds so vitually no digging and the sea had had a period of 6 years to replenish its self , which it did... happy days .
                not so happy if yer was stuck in the trenches like.

Comment

trenches?

Hi G. no trenches..despatch rider in France. won BEM for carrying ,it turned out, a dead Canadin soldier out of a minefield after he stepped on a mine ... brave man.
                  Last edited by neefish; 18-11-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neefish View Post
                    Hi G. no trenches..despatch rider in France. won BEM for carrying ,it turned out, a dead Canadin soldier out of a minefield after he stepped on a mine ... brave man.
                    well done on winning medal neefish, brave man

Comment

medal

cheers G.

Comment

Working...
                      X