X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100lb cod

some cod 100lb,in the fishshop north sheilds
    Attached Files

Looking thru some old diaries came across this cutting,thought I'd post it up for you to see that our waters held fish like this in the 80s.
    Icelandic wars,greed,and over fishing with modern fishing techniques has put pay to us ever again seeing cod like this in our waters

And of course our diplomatic politicians didn't help.

Comment

can you imagine if something like that ever grabbed your bait..that would be somethingBe something just to see one like that though Harry,

Comment

100lb cod

im sure his mate will be kicking around at lynemouth this season

Comment

tell you what i would have loved to see that fish never mind catch it lol
          species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

If you look at the person 2nd for the left looking thru the window....do you recognise this face ???????.......?????????

Comment

Originally posted by jonesey View Post
              can you imagine if something like that ever grabbed your bait..that would be somethingBe something just to see one like that though Harry,

That 5 TIMEs bigger than the one u had mate!!

A wonder if its possible to get one off the rocks... one day... which will never happen for me!!
              South Shields & District SAC

Comment

gonna need a bigger bag of chips

Comment

4 foot fillett and a gallon of parsley sauce, HHMMMM.

Comment

I can still remember seeing that in Geordie's window in Blyth

Which also ponders a question as to why Blyth as a fishing port doesn't have a fresh fishmongers anymore since they left?

Comment

By the way some people go on, That's always the one that got away. Well a few fishermen I know. lol.

Comment

I remember hauling one in at shields but foolishly let some iodty try and hand ball it in for me. Result, lost fish.

Comment

Originally posted by mako
                          aye andy i can remember catching that on the pier bob hand balled it up for me,tackle used 50lb class boat rod one hell of a big reel 20/0 sakuma 2lb gripper and a box of squid lol
                          i wish

Comment

wudnt miss the nock thats for sure ha ha beauty that

Comment

fish @ chips all round, but more fish ha ha!!

Comment

Working...
                              X