• Show
Clear All

• "the Gut"

Click image for larger version

Name:	the Gut ala redheads landing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1525539

When I was a Kid, my friends and I would always play here.Had some fun times messin aboot ....
    Real name is Readheads landing....if not some of you lads can let me know !
    Last edited by metalpunk; 31-01-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: Name of said place
    John

Credit to Curly for the pic....Cheers.
    John

Comment

if you have a look at low tide you will see there are hundreds of tyres which would make it hard to get your gear back down there

Comment

remember it well i two used two play there as a kid but all snagy mate
        Species caught this year:

- Wrasse
        - Coalie
        - Codling
        - Pollock
        - LSD (Lesser Spotted Dogfish)
        - Dab
        - Flounder

Comment

Yeah ..never fished there ! I know that place like the back of my hand.The smell was bad enough however twas more of a place to go and mess aboot.There was a boat moored to the little wooden jetty...boy did that get wrecked !.Walked that jetty once or twice...very stupid thing to do.
          John

Comment

thats just down the road from me, beside mcnultys isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by super-MAGuire View Post
              thats just down the road from me, beside mcnultys isnt it?
              yes it is...Im from that area...lyton,garwood and of course H.S,Edward St,.
              John

Comment

yer me two from laygate
                Species caught this year:

- Wrasse
                - Coalie
                - Codling
                - Pollock
                - LSD (Lesser Spotted Dogfish)
                - Dab
                - Flounder

Comment

remember it well used to go down for crabs thier be4 the tyres were down my dad got stuck in the mud with his thigh waders and i got a old greggs tray and went out for him to sit on and get his legs out of the mud them where the days
                  Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
                    remember it well used to go down for crabs thier be4 the tyres were down my dad got stuck in the mud with his thigh waders and i got a old greggs tray and went out for him to sit on and get his legs out of the mud them where the days

Been down there a few times, it a rite **** hole now... Rubbish everywhere

But, the building on the right is one of the rare places where the Kittiwake make there nests they make a hell of a rackett though...
                    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

hs edward st

we all must know each other we played down there as kids making rafts with old oil drums from drummonds there used to be a man down there with his giutar called richard his mam and dad had a cafe opposite readheads he was a bit slow for his age anyone remember my name is gary e

Comment

Originally posted by GARYGERNARD View Post
                        we all must know each other we played down there as kids making rafts with old oil drums from drummonds there used to be a man down there with his giutar called richard his mam and dad had a cafe opposite readheads he was a bit slow for his age anyone remember my name is gary e
                        Know exactly who you are talkin about.....and that Shop that was opposite Readheads gate.I remember "Ritchard" always on a peddle bike riding up and down the back-lanes,I didnt go to that shop much...bad vibes in there!
                        If you are Gary E from H.S. you know me well my friend....
                        John

Comment

it was one of the few places me ald man used to take is so i couldnt get into any trouble and he could keep an eye on is 44 odd years ago.cant remember if he caught anything but can remember getting a soaking slipping on the :slipway: thats to the left of the picture.wonder what it would be like to fish when no ones looking.

Comment

Working...
                          X