the good the bad the very very good then the bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the good the bad the very very good then the bad

went for a few hours after work last night , thought about seaton sluice maybe even tynemouth beach but decided on tynemouth pier as you can always get a bonus fish (if your luck) anyway got there spoke to a few lads coming off, great few nice fish had been caught. started fishing only small bites dabs . still not a bad morning starry skies i love that . well last cast 7.15am . standing 4 foot from rod it jerks forward i try to react no chance over it goes diawa slosh sonik sk4 is now in the water (end of pier) stands looking thinking OMG what will i do. thinks well its floating i'll go home get other rod try to fish it out so has a word with gate man tells him story says i'll be back with another rod try my luck, he says no problem (top man ) anyway gets back an hour later thnking to myself you have no chance mate , using a gripper lead chucks once nothing twice nothing 4, 5 ,6 ,7 nowt,, so as i had brought a packet of daylights with me i thought i'd give it a go. not thinking i would stand a chance i casted towards i last seen my rod drifting and let it hit bottom waiting 1 min aprox and started reeling back in hallalujah picks something up and its vibrating like a rod and reel and there it is my rod in reel can i get it yes i can lifts it up the side of pier its back in my hands , how happy am i ............... so im holding my lost rod in reel in my hand now i just need to reel in go home a happy man ........ but no its snagged so i give it a pull not even hard snap rod end breaks off 18inches . aye well life goes on then i think hang on its a sonik sk4 rock rod that should'nt happen . gets home types in sonik sk4 snapped seem they have a proplem there . anyway to cut a long story shorter im going up there to see if they will replace it . happy fishing lads oooooo n lasses .

Well done for gettin your rod back mate. Your very lucky

Shame about snapping it when u got it back like

Comment

every week we have a post sayin somone had there rod pulled in by a fish, moral of the story, put the hatchet on.
      but good on you for getting it back hope u get a refund

Comment

thanks lads and i dont think it was a fish that pullled it over i think it was an eider duck which is the heaviest duck and the fastest in flight bird in britain which is probably why it went over so quickly anyway i got my reel back at least and its had a good clean and ready for my next session

Comment

Cant really blame the manufacturer for that imo.. If it was gunna snap it would have snapped before giving it a light tug.. Likely to have hit something in the drink

Comment

yeah that may the case an thats what i thought but just type in ya search sonik sk4 snapped and see what you think after that .. altho when i got back it wasnt visible so its a possibility . still i'll see what they say . i have fished with a coniflex highlander for years bullied the hell out of it . and that rod is still going strong

Comment

the good the bad the very very good then the bad then maybe good

lets hope you get sorted

Comment

I always hear of soniks snapping and its usually the sk3 but ive got one and never had a problem with it and ive give it some stick like. Ive also heard sonik are quite good when it comes to replacing snapped tips. Think u were lucky ta get it back at all mate
                Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

like yourself i have give the sk4 some stick and its always performed excellent , so i guess it may have been damaged in some kinda way while in the water. i took the rod up and they did replace the top section for £45 so im quite happy with that as i do love the rod . and i totally agree i was lucky to get it back out the water as i love my slosh and it would of cost a lot more to replace the gear had i not got it back.

Comment

Working...
                  X