Seven Stars Pub North Blyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Stars Pub North Blyth

These might bring back some memories. and a couple of others.

john.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fishygone; 30-07-2012, 02:14 PM.
    One More Hoy

Nice pics mate. I still can't place where the seven stars used to be in relation to the houses that are still at north blyth like

Comment

As far as i know it was near the beginning of the north pier where the jetties are.

john.
      One More Hoy

Comment

So after the bins? If they were there then like

Comment

yes fond memories the pub had been shut for quite a while when i started fishing there there was still someone living in one of the houses though.And the last picshowing the west staiths that was my favourite night fishing spot when i was about 13-14 years old.pity you cant fish there now.

Comment

yes i can remember the houses and the seven stars , hell long time ago ,showing my age now

Comment

i used to fish the 7 stars jetty with my dad who would pop in for a quick pint. think it had gas fired lights also the smaller wooden jetty next to it now called the alcan jetty is where i caught my 1st double cod i was about 11yrs old then and thats what got me hooked on fishing good and proper happy days , jamcod

Comment

I caught my first fish (a plaice) at the Seven Stars jetty back in 1972 (I was 9). I fshed there every 2 weeks with my dad and grandad and they and the other anglers used to leave me on the jetty watching the rods while they had a pint!

Comment

happy days mate eh jamcod

Comment

There used to be a bloke who fished there most of the time I was there. His wife used to sit knitting in the car and when he caught a fish he used to run up to the car with it and ask her approval to keep it before bagging it. I nver saw him put anything back! Would have had difficulty doing the same at Hartley Skeer!

Comment

Working...
                    X