Knotts Flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knotts Flats

Does anyone remember the name of the gully just at the end of the old promenade below Knotts flats. I used to fish it as a kid for flounders but I darned if I can remember its name !

sandy goyt
    have you got a cloth

Comment

Originally posted by tonybax View Post
      sandy goyt
      lots of good codling and coalys come from there in club comps. davy.
      PB
      COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
      COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
      Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
      Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
      Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
      Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
      Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help

Comment

Brother fished there or near on very low tide and had cracking session but never went back ???? Is it snaggy

Comment

you have to be in the right place as big boulder either side,there used to be a seat which was more or less the centre of gully but it got burned out may have been replaced. davy.
            PB
            COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
            COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
            Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
            Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
            Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
            Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
            Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

might try it some time, wheres best to park? whats best tide to fish on etc, actually how do i find it lol

Comment

Fish quay car park as far towards Knott's flats as you can (pay and display !). Walk along the promenade and you will see the "new" section of prom, a knackered set of concrete steps lead down to the foreshore. You want to be fishing about 15 meters before the stairs (You can see the gully on google maps https://www.google.co.uk/maps?ll=55....08256&t=h&z=18). If I remember rightly there is a dolphin cast into the concrete retaining wall. Good luck

Comment

sandys goyt

hi lads is that sandys goyt mark a high or low water mark also any other marks along the coast to fish all help will be appreciated cheers tom

Comment

High water

Comment

knotts flats

cheers terryc ill give it a bash thanks for the info ive not fished for 30 years and ive got the bug again never too old I suppose many thanks tom

Comment

Working...
                      X