My shore caught cod PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shore caught cod PB

I have just returned to shore fishing after a 20 year break chasing Pike, with all the reports of pbs I cast my mind back to my shore caught Cod pb, I was fishing Newbiggin prom with lads from the shop Baz Blakeman , Dave Borwell, and Peter Gardiner, we had traveled up from Seaham after fishing Hall beach first , we were all struggling with only a couple of small cod between us so I came up with a plan I changed hook size and baited up with lug rag mussel and razor on same hooks it looked massive so decided I needed help and said to Baz you will have to chuck this out for me , two minutes later bang bang and a slack liner, reeling down i connected with what i knew was a good fish after a good fight i get it back to bottom of prom and it gets stuck in rocks, now I am sick as a parrot when Peter steps up jumps down side of prom gets hold of trace then he disappears under a big wave we were all shocked the wave went back and Peter pops up again saying **** I dropped it / by this time Baz is screaming at him to get out no fish is worth your life when next wave comes in and he dissapears again we can still see his headlight under water this time he pops up with fish and we pull him up Baz asks if he is mad to which Peter replies its ok I got my new wax jacket on so dont know if it was my pb or a team pb weighed back at the shop it went an ounce under 15lb

Great story and a great pb but as you say no fish is worth your life but still a big team effort
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Defiantly a team pb for that one as as says no fish iz worth a life keep safe but what a cracking fish it wood ov bean ;D
      Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Cracker, have you got any photos?? Well done on a good bit of teamwork. We have all taken risks we probably shouldn't have when big fish are involved and luckily on this occasion it worked out well.

Comment

sorry did not keep pictures any was mid 80s sam harris had it in paper 2 weeks running nothing else caught

Comment

Back in the 80's a wasn't even born then lmao!! Well done anyway mate great stuff!
            Pb cod 7lbs (1.12.12) Tynemouth.

Best cod since (1.09.13)

4lbs 3oz (11.10.13) Tynemouth.

4lbs 7oz (18.10.13) Tynemouth.

5lbs 3oz (8.11.13) Tynemouth.

Comment

great story bit risky tho

Comment

Must of been hearthumping for all.im just starting to assault the codling from the pier side as ive tried a boat once and I came back a froze dried prune.The only liquid left in my body was about as much as a bluebottle cries. bb

Comment

Working...
                X