Durham police shore league 16/08/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham police shore league 16/08/09

This comp took place on Sun 16th Aug 09 between 1900hrs and 2200hrs on the walkway at the Copthorne Hotel on the Tyne.
    13 Anglers turned out for the comp which included 2 juniors both aged just 8yrs. Conditions were perfect for a chilled out session with hardly any wind, warm weather and plenty of female joggers ha ha.
    Most lads decided to position themselves right next to the Quayside Inn, but just for the toilet facilities and surely not the beer.
    A guest appearance from Stevie(THE SPONSER)Elliot had the lads thinking that the prize money they had handed over was never to be seen again.
    Fishing was slow to start, but once the tide started to push in, the bites started to show.
    First fish went to Mick Dunn with a canny flounder falling to crab, with a few of the lads pulling in small eels and flounders to wild rag.
    Atotal of 23 fish were caught and released by the end of the comp with only two anglers failing to catch.
    RESULT IN FULL

1st Ian Ainsley 4 fish for 89pts including biggest fish 38cm flounder
    2nd Mick Dunn 4 fish for 63pts
    3rd Kevin Woodcock 1 fish for 56pts
    4th Jason Pool 2 fish for 39pts
    5th Gordon Stewart 3 fish for 29pts
    6th Stevie(THE SPONSER)Elliot 1 fish 21pts
    6th Bill Huscroft 1 fish 21 pts
    8th Joshua Pool (8yrs) 3 fish for 18pts
    9th Calum Stewart (8yrs) 2 fish 15pts
    10th Derrick Sirret 1 fish for 3pts
    10th Dave Simms 1 fish 3pts
    12th John gordon blank
    12th Ian Jackson blank

An Enjoyable night was had by all, especially by the lads who had to leave their cars behind, due to to much fire water from the local alehouse, and special thanks to the The Sponser for the Sunday dinner that he brought for me which he had slaved over a hot stove to prepare....

Thanks again Chut for a well organised outing. Like i said to Ian-its nice to try different places. Especially one which has some lovely totty strolling past.
    The peeler i got off you did the trick again-dynamite bait for river fishing. 5 crabs lasted all night using 2 hook flappers.
    Think my beachcaster with the mag on was a bit OTT. I should buy a smaller outfit with some braid.
    I had a quick changeover for the boat out at craster the next day-knackered as i then did nights.
    cheers Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Glad to see the distractions didnt affect you Ratty. It obviously put the other lads off leaving you to claim the glory. Nice to see the younguns catch. Well done.
      A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

Working...
      X