Sbraac 08/12/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbraac 08/12/09

Eleventh Winter Match of South Beach Residents Association Angling Club on 08/12/09

12 Members fished - 5 members weighed in a total of 6 fish

1st Paul Roper (2 Flounder) 1lb 5oz
    2nd Phil Smithson (Whiting) 1lb 3oz
    3rd Steven Alexander (Codling) 1lb

Heaviest Fish Phil Smithson (Whiting) 1lb 3oz
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

must have been hard graft last night?

missed out
    was called away to work sob sob

Comment

Originally posted by bozjc View Post
      must have been hard graft last night?

missed out
      was called away to work sob sob
      It was by all accounts with people moving about to try and winkle something out...we were at Newbiggin trying to recapture the Flatties that get released after the Opens...managed 1 each Gregg and I were 4th and 5th respectively
      Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

Comment

well done, broke the blank spell then ;D

everyone fishing on the beach then?

no one pig hunting off the rocks?

Comment

Went to try a few chucks over Whitley Pipe (fishing off the prom) but access was all gated off - looks like they were doing some work on the prom below. So went back to the Rex prom for a few chucks but only tiny things stripping worm baits in no time.

Then decided to head for the Boat Station to look for something better, but just as I was heading down the path the lad who'd had 5 there the night before was coming off saying not a bite, so turned round & got straight back in the car. Fished the last hour & a bit in front of the bandstand but could only manage undersize flounders & podlers. Another disaster............................

Gary
          ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
          on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

i like the boat station as well, fished there on a few of our HW comps, mainly just undersize codling and poddlers.
            you not think of the corner just north of there?
            head into st. marys, at the 1st bend, park the car on the grass (right hand side) wonder down the prom and chuck out from there ;D

times seem to be hard at the moment. wasnt a great deal of fish on sunday for the amount of people that fished.

Comment

should have tried the pier, ickle tiny hooks and macky strip like last year ;D
              4lb+ codling

Comment

Still no whities around at the moment though - might go out tomorrow to use up my lug & take a bit of mackerel & try the pier; trouble is it's been pants so far there this winter!

I like the prom you mention but generally when there's a good northerly blowing - as it was the wind was picking up last night southerly; by the time I was at Stubblies it was fair gusting!

Gary

Comment

its like a mill pond up here in the middle of the big blue pond.
                  like a summers day, apart from the cold lol

me and stevie were on about the lack of whiting this year, would be nice to get a few of them in the bag, as much as i hate the buggers at times lol

when is the next comp or open??

Comment

Seaham Open's this sunday, next club comp next tuesday. Going to see if there's any whiting around in the next few days when the weather's settled - got plenty mackerel to use up!

Gary

Comment

the TW@S!!
                      i was ment to be on tomorrows chopper home. they have gave my seat to someone else, next chopper isnt until tuesday and i bet its late in the afternoon, meaning i will not get home in time for the comp. And loose another days holiday
                      not a happy camper lol

2 day job my arse

Comment

Serious bummer mate, they should charter you a speedboat free of charge!

Gary

Comment

lol, keep an eye out for a big bright orange lifeboat, if i had a chance of getting back in time on it, i would take it.
                          knowing my luck, i will end up at iceland or further north! lol

Comment

[QUOTE=g-force;192842]Went to try a few chucks over Whitley Pipe (fishing off the prom) but access was all gated off - looks like they were doing some work on the prom below. So went back to the Rex prom for a few chucks but only tiny things stripping worm baits in no time. QUOTE]

might go try whitley pipe on sunday for the first time. do you know if its still gated off?

cheers

shaun

Comment

[Quote]
                              might go try whitley pipe on sunday for the first time. do you know if its still gated off?[Quote]

Hi mate, drove past the other day and it all looks accessible again - guess they've finished whatever they were doing.

Cheers, Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X