Durham Police Sea Angling Club 25/4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham Police Sea Angling Club 25/4/10

This Comp was fished at the Baltic Flour Mill on the Tyne on Sunday 25th April 2010 using SAMF catch n release points rules between 16oohrs and 2200hrs, on a dropping tide due to lads Shifts.
    Fishing was quite slow for the canny turnout of 13 Adults and the ever present Jnr Calum Stuart, conditions were warm evening with bright sun, the river appeared fast flowing with a large amount of debris and weed present.
    Dave Kennedy was into a Tommy first cast, so alot was expected, but things slowed down, with only the odd passing flounder or tommy.
    Ian Jackson had a canny double shot of Tommys late on (31&29cms) taking him into the lead, which was never overtaken.
    Suprise of the day was not one coley made an appearance, and it has to be said that all Tommys caught were in great condition. All fish returned safely.
    Bait of the day seemed to be rag/macky, with crab drawing a blank.
    The new Sec. of the club, Kev Woodcock was full of promises about how he was going to clean up etc etc etc...Youve guessed it HE BLANKED
    RESULTS..
    1st.. I.Jackson 3 fish 81pts (Also highest scoring fish 31cm codling)
    2nd..G.Heckles 3 fish 63pts
    3rd..M.Anderson 4 fish 52pts
    4th..B.Huscroft 3 fish 44pts
    5th..D.Kennedy 4 fish 39pts
    6th..S.Simpson 2 fish 36pts
    7th..N.Bickford 2 fish 32 pts
    8th..I.Ainsley 3 fish 29pts
    9th G.Stuart 1 fish 21pts
    10th C.Stuart JNR 2 fish 15pts
    Kev Woodcock
    Mick Dunn
    Dave Thynne Got to wear the Mexican Hat (EL BLANCO)

A really nice night Ian-enjoyed myself with some good craic. Did,nt realise Ian won the compo. I had one good bite at beginning and thought here we go-but alas it was another el-blanko. Thats two in a row. Never mind got our boat compo at Craster to look forwards to-and hopefully another compo from the beach looking for turbot.

Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Going out from Craster with Dougie Hogg Mick?
      Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Aye, with Dougie Sid....always a canny day out

Comment

Hey I didn't blank, I got the first bite, it just didn't score. One large item of ladies feminine wear. The disposable kind. Not nice.
          And remember I could take on the roll of secretary and win compo in the same week, it'll look like a fix.

Comment

The only fix would be ...if you caught owt..

Comment

shows how bad fishing is if a 31 cm codling was the best on the day (n)

Comment

Working...
              X