Durham Police SAC 8/5/11 River Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham Police SAC 8/5/11 River Wear

Todays Comp was held at the River Wear, at South Hylton between 3pm and 7pm in bright sunshine and a rising tide, and was fished by 8 Adult members and a junior member.
    The comp was run on a catch/measure/release using SAMF scorecards.
    Things started very slowly for the anglers present, with not one bite for over an hour.
    That soon changed when Young Josh Pool (10yrs) nearly had his rod pulled off its rest.
    The youngster, struck with precision and minutes later, a specimen Flounder was lying on the bankside measuring 39cms. His smile said it all as he proudly showed off his catch to a watching Mam/Dad/Gran/Grandad.
    Fish were few and far between the Anglers, with a suprise appearance of six cracking eels along with twelve Flounders.
    The Adults attempted everything to better Young Josh with Ian Jackson 35cm and Ian Ainsley 34cm Flounders being recorded.
    Josh carried on where he started and landed another 3 fish to walk away with both the specimen fish and the total catch score, beating all Adults which included his Dad Jason in the process.
    Bait for the day, was runnydiown being used by Josh, although crab did record for a few of the fish.
    Full Results

1st Josh Pool (10yrs) 4 fish for 117pts
    2nd Mick Dunn 4 fish for 61pts
    3rd Ian Ainsley 2 fish for 58pts
    4th Ian Jackson 1 fish for 52 pts
    5th Jason Pool 1 fish for 40pts
    6th Stevie Elliot 3 fish for 38 pts
    7th Billy Huscroff 2 fish for 26pts
    8th Derek Sirret 1 fish for 10pts
    9th Peter Chadwick takes the Mexican EL BLANCO Hat

All fish returned alive...
    Attached Files

haha get in there young josh excellent result and welldone mick dunn
    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Great report and pics well done to Josh showing the elders how its done (lol),and to everyone else that caught.

Comment

Well done Josh,i could hear all of the shouting along the river bank-thought it was chut at first notching up more of his record wins-but no it was you showing him how to fish.
        I,m pleased Josh did well the look on his face when i left said it all-lad was rolling in cash.
        Oh and i beat chut again-----thats twice now----mind the 4 crabs i bought of him helped.
        Cracking day out and look forwards to out next.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Aye Mick. It's everyone for himself now. GET YER OWN BAiT NOW. Then we will see iff you luckily beat me again ha

Comment

well done young man

sless

Comment

Sless, did you notice who managed to drag himself over the line in 6th. Mr scratcher himself lol

Comment

Well done to the young'n and a nice smile as he is prizing the money out of the man's hand despite him squeezing it lock a giant clam.
                A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

Aye Chut just think i,ll have to manage without the jellied ragworm you brought.
                  Hope you had a word with Gary.

I,ll up my payments £1 a crab cos they were spot on. Thats a 50% increase in profits.

Mick.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Bacon rhine used to catch flatties when i was young don't know if anyone fishes with it anymore.
                    Nice catch for the young lad.
                    In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
                    Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
                    Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

well done there young one!!! cracking fish

Comment

Working...
                      X