Durham Police SAC Seaham Beach 2/10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham Police SAC Seaham Beach 2/10/11

17 hardy anglers including junior Calum Stuart,turned up on Seaham Hall Beach between 1800hrs and 2200hrs for this Comp in terrible rainy conditions.
    All fish to be measured and scored using SAMF score card with anything over 18 cm counting
    Things started fairly slowly whilst the last of the daylight was around with a few small plaice showing up.
    As darkness fell, the fish began to show. David Thynne pulled out a cracking Plaice measuring 37cm giving him 60pts, but within minutes, Kev Woodcock fishing the North end of the beach at the Caves, caught an even better one measuring 43cm giving him an instant 100 pts. Most anglers thought that this fish would clean up the prize table for longest fish and total points.
    As the tIde eased, the bites slowed down. Ian Ainsley continued to scratch around near to the Slope and managed a winning catch of 14 fish which included Plaice, Whitey and Dabs, with Dave and Kev unable to capitalize on their respective big Plaice scores.
    Most fish were caught on rag tipped with maki, although white worm played a part in Ian's catch
    All fish returned and again cracking bait from Terry at Reelsport delivered for the Comp

Winning Positions

1st Ian Ainsley 14 fish for 170pts
    2nd David Thynne 6 fish for 111pts
    3rd Kev Woodcock 2 fish for 105pts
    4th Jason Mole 4 fish for 41pts
    5th Bill Huscroft 2 fish for 32pts
    6th Gordon Stuart 2 fish for 29pts
    7th Calum Stuart 2 fish for 18pts
    8th Phil Donnally 1 fish for 13pts
    9th Chris Little 1 fish for 12pts
    10th Bill Little 1 fish foe 11pts
    10th Dave Woodcock 1 fish for 11pts
    12th Mick Dunn 1 fish for 10pts

Peter Chadwick
    Melly Anderson
    David Kennedy
    Martin Willis
    Derek Sirret
    All failed to catch a fish and can fight over the Ell Blanco Mexican Hat !!!!!
    Last edited by blackrat; 02-10-2011, 11:12 PM.

Well done Chut the mark of a true champion angler. Keep up the good work for our trip to Kent. Well done to Kev for the big Plaice-----i was hoping i might notch a one but alas no luck. Few canny bites as well seen with the Bass rod and braid. I was rather worried when Callum kept walking past me with fish for you to measure. Peter next to me did not blank he got a weaver but it was to small for points. I enjoyed the night. Sea flat so was always going to be a scratching match. Ragworm was top dollar. Fresh crab i bought from you did,nt seem to do much so i froze a couple down.
    Thanks for organising match--was nice to get out with the lads.
    Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

excellent system yous have got there,with all fish getting returned,well majority,you might have to keep odd 1 for the pot,think alot of clubs could learn off you,well done lads, and lasses if theres any

Comment

Yes lads congrats on the catches and the system
        Zziplex zeteque txl
        Zziplex zeteque txl gt
        Saltist 30h bg x 2
        Penn fathom 15

Comment

Working...
        X