Seaham SAC Age Concern Nighthawk Sat 7/4/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham SAC Age Concern Nighthawk Sat 7/4/18

Well tonight we fished the first club nighthawk of the year between the hours of 1800-0100hrs, yes seven hours fishing !!!
    High tide was around 2115hrs and the wind was light and the rain kept away, along with the fish (for most of us)
    With the pier fishable and pegged 1-60, 58 Anglers registered for the Comp with most taking the chance on the Pier..
    It was soon obvious that the low peg numbers at the top of the Pier would be the place to be, with more tide pull present.
    Danny Swan stormed ahead and was not going to be beat with a cracking 8 Codling out for a cracking heaviest bag record for the year of 18.42lb
    Stephen Laverick was the closest competitor with 2 fish for 7.04lb which included a nice Codling of 4.58lb for heaviest fish prize..
    Most fish taking worm bait with the odd one falling to crab baits.
    18 Anglers returned to the scales weighing in 37 fish for a total of 71.29lb.
    Quote of the day before the Comp was from diehard angler Geordie Hope " OUR LASS IS FISHING BUT SHE AINT BEAT ME FOR NEARLY A YEAR" Well done Sue on your three fish off the drum for 3rd place and completely grinding Geordie into the ground.!!!
    7hrs watching your rod without it showing a bite is hard work believe me.....Peg 53. I won't be back

Full Result.

1st Danny Swan 8 fish for 18.42lb
    2nd S. Laverick 2 fish for 7.04lb H/F 4.58lb
    3rd Sue Hope 3fish for 5.69lb
    4th G.Blanchard 3fish for 5.47lb
    5th D.Ambler 4fish for 5.36lb

Sealed weight 17.64
    1st D.Swan
    2nd S.Laverick

Well done lads and lasses who caught. Next club Comp next Sun...

Ha Ha stuffed again mate starting to get used to the idea mate
    Weapons of choice
    ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
    Penn Mag 525 Slidey
    Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
    X