Seaham SAC Moore Cup 13/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham SAC Moore Cup 13/5/18

Today we fished for the Moore Cup between 12-5pm. 64 Anglers registered for the Comp which included 4 lady members and a junior. Not much hope was given for a big weigh in, bright sunshine, flat sea which hardly had any colour. Well how right were we !!!!!
    8 Anglers managed a size fish (one each) with most coming from the pier and a few from Hendon Prom. One Codling,one whiting,and six flats for a grand total weight of 4.98lb.
    The winning fish caught by Don Scott a 1.61lb Codling was from lower down the Pier after Don decided to leave his peg and try his luck further down. The fish gave Don Heaviest fish, Heaviest bag and to rub salt in the other 63 Anglers, First in the sealed weight.
    Unluckiest Angler must be Club Treasurer Brian Dobson, fishing peg 10 with fresh crab on his first cast, struck into a good fish which took him deep down to the sea bed, resulting in Brian getting snagged up on the famous CHRISTMAS TREE ROPE, once snagged on this, your doomed. Well for the next 4hrs 50mins Brian cursed,swore and huffed and puffed. With me only four pegs away, I can put myself down to witnessing the toys out the pram scenario ����
    Crap days fishing but weather was nice for sunbathing. Well done Don..

Result
    1st D. Scott 1 fish for 1.61lb (HF)
    2nd N. Smith 1 fish for 0.75lb
    3rd K.Brooksbank 1fish for 0.54lb
    4th K Patton 1 fish for 0.51lb
    5th K.Newton 1 fish for 0.43lb

HF D.Scott 1.61lb

Sealed weight 134
    1st D.Scott 1.61
    2nd N.Smith 0.75

Well done to the lads who caught on a shocking days fishing.

Thanks for results Ian mate another desperate effort put in today for 1 4 inch codling at least another 56 wore the el blanco hat as well surely its got to pick up shortly
    Weapons of choice
    ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
    Penn Mag 525 Slidey
    Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
    X