S.A.C Julie Simpson memorial Rover 24/06/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.A.C Julie Simpson memorial Rover 24/06/18

Today 55 members including 3 lady members fished our only Rover match, The Julie Simpson Memorial between the hours of 1100-1700hrs.Couple hours each side of high tide,with bright sunshine. Registration was 9am so many Anglers had the opportunity to travel to waters far and wide. Most Anglers headed for the Tyne in search of a bag of flats, with others heading South into York’s and into Northumberland.
    Info was filtered through that Jimmy Dobie was into a good bag of flounders from the Tyne , but the lads who chose Shields pier were struggling.
    The lads at Northumberland found some nice red cod,wrasse and doggies but had to leave the location early to make it back before deadline at 1800hrs.

RESULTS

1st Gary Pye 6 fish for 12.14lb including HF 3.32lb (Robin Hoods Bay)
    2nd Alan Burton 18 fish for 11.49lb (Tyne)
    3rd Jim Dobie 14 fish for 10.14lb (Tyne)
    4th Jonny Williams 4 fish for 7.89lb (Beadnell)
    5th Ian Ainsley 3 fish for 5.90lb (Beadnell)

24 weighed in a total of 90 fish for 84.84lb

Sealed Weight 3.77

1st Neil Smith 3.70
    2nd Darren Swan 2.74

Thanks to all that fished in what was an enjoyable day away.
    Last edited by blackrat; 24-06-2018, 07:08 PM.

32 flats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #luckyhat

Comment

[QUOTE=The Spaniard;1242433]32 flats?

We have only one Rover a year and every effort is made to keep the Flounder alive to be returned after weigh in.
      The main reason we don’t have more rovers is purely down to conservation and the survival of the fish.
      Our Club also does not have any Rivers within our boundaries, again down to conservation and the protection of the flats.
      Yes 32 flats were weighed in but well over half went back alive.
      I’m sure we are well below the amount of Flats taken each year by clubs who have weekly Comps in the Rivers !!

Comment

[QUOTE=blackrat;1242826]
        Originally posted by The Spaniard View Post
        32 flats?

We have only one Rover a year and every effort is made to keep the Flounder alive to be returned after weigh in.

The main reason we don’t have more rovers is purely down to conservation and the survival of the fish.

Our Club also does not have any Rivers within our boundaries, again down to conservation and the protection of the flats.

Yes 32 flats were weighed in but well over half went back alive.

I’m sure we are well below the amount of Flats taken each year by clubs who have weekly Comps in the Rivers !!

Thanks for the information but was only asking what species was caught!!!

#luckyhat

Comment

[QUOTE=The Spaniard;1242995]
          Originally posted by blackrat View Post

Thanks for the information but was only asking what species was caught!!!

Hi mick mate majority of flats were flounders and a hand full of dabs pal
          Weapons of choice
          ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
          Penn Mag 525 Slidey
          Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
          X