Seaham A.C. Sulgrave Cup 15/7/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham A.C. Sulgrave Cup 15/7/18

Today possibly due to the World Cup final and the fact that all access to the clubhouse and pier was restricted with no vehicular access, meant only 40 Anglers including 3 ladies members,fished the Comp, between the hours of 3pm and 8pm.
    Flat seas and a big tide usually mean very few size fish so not much was expected.
    Most Anglers managed the walk down to the marina from the clubhouse, with a few chancing the bottom of the pier and not their allocated pier peg.
    Danny Swan who is on a roll chose the 80s on the pier and had 3 cod out in possibly the first 15mins including the heaviest fish of the day at 3.23lb.
    The lads nearby who had fresh crab on the day also had cod.
    A lot of the lads further up the pier chose to look for a few summer flatties,but only a few showed up, but lady member Emma Darwin managed a size wrasse, which we are seeing in greater numbers from the pier this year.
    I managed to draw peg 2 on the drum and found myself all alone up there for the entire Comp,which is unheard of, but alas I only managed to sneak out a lone Codling getting me 6th place but out of the money.
    A lovely day with the sun shining and a few hours of Elvis singing on stage at the Carnival. Well he sounded like Elvis, unless I had heat stroke !!

RESULTS

1ST Danny Swan 5 Codling for 11.53lb HF 3.23LB
    2ND Micky Davison 1 Codling for 2.69Lb
    3RD Rob Davison 2 Codling for 1.99Lb
    4TH Alan Healy 1 Codling for 1.75Lb
    5TH Richy Stephenson 1 Codling for 1.23Lb

Sealed weight 5.82
    1ST Micky Davison
    2ND Rob Davison

Thanks to all who fished and the winners....9 Anglers weighed in a total of 14 fish. For a total weight of 21.75lb
    Last edited by blackrat; 16-07-2018, 09:17 PM.

good report
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Thanks for results mate another hard day lets hope these codling hang about for the winter season . I only managed a single dab in this match 3 bites all day
      Weapons of choice
      ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
      Penn Mag 525 Slidey
      Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
      X