• Show
Clear All

• Skegness

Any descent fishong around skegness

Il take it that its not good around skegness then

Comment

Originally posted by bigfella View Post
      Any descent fishong around skegness
      probaly get more replies if you put this topic in general shore fishing sect.

chapel point is very near to skegness i believe supposed to be very good for smoothounds nightime reportedly best time to fish and peeler crab and live shrimps apparently good baits.never fished it myself but got a m8 who lives there.
      did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Depends what kind of fishing you want, I am Skegness born and bred..... I know not something to be proud of.........! You can catch smoothound anywhere from the beaches south of central Skegness all the way north up past chapel st Leonard's and upto Sutton on sea, like every area it has its good days and bad days and some areas always throw up more fish than others. If the smoothies are in town.....and now is about spot on for them...... Then 3 hrs upto high water and 3 hrs down after a long settled spell and high pressure will normally see fish, although plenty get taken at other states of tide and and conditions. My preference for smoothounds has always been peeler crab, some fish get taken on other fish baits though. Ideal tide is high water late evening fishing into darkness but again due to the permanently coloured water off the lincs coast fish are often caught on blazing summer days too. Being able to cast a good distance is an advantage in this area but not always a must. If I had a choice I would be fishing from chapel point, six marshes, Wolla bank and huttoft car terrace if that is too far out of Skegness then sea view road upto north shore golf course and possibly jacksons corner are all good shots nearer to central Skegness, alternatively low water can throw up some good fatty bashing sessions, fish are often only 10 to 15 yards out on a flooding tide, usual worm baits or peeler again, north shore road on a settled evening tide can throw up some cracking sole upto 2lb but patience and regular fishing would be the advice unless of course you hit lucky!! Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanjs for that lads as im just down on holiday for the week n thought id ask wot fishing was like dwn here

Comment

Working...
          X