Hall Beach 7/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall Beach 7/9

Nice little dying sea on, well colored up.
    Attached Files

Nice piccs mate, looks to have dropped off quite a bit from yesterday when I drove past.

I'm out tonight to try a new mark for me north of the Tyne on the ebb
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Good luck mate

Comment

Forgive me if it's a daft question but I am pretty new to this beach fishing. Would you look for bigger waves to fish there ? Also looking at the beach contours I got the impression it would be better at high water. There seems to be a pretty steep drop off in the first 30 yards or so from the top. Any advice much appreciated.

Comment

Only my experience but I've found it fishes best 2 up 2 down on a big tide with a bit of a sea on. When I've fished the smaller tides there I've not done so well.

When the sea is flat you can hammer the Whiting (to a decent size as well). Mind you I haven't fished it since the big easterly stroms in the spring scoured all the sand out - it is going to be interesting to see how it goes this season where the make-up of the beach has changed so much
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

I did notice today there was more sand than last time I was down there in February, when it was all rock. But you could describe it as mixed ground now I guess. Is it best fished at night ? I guess so.

Comment

Originally posted by magpies View Post
              I did notice today there was more sand than last time I was down there in February, when it was all rock. But you could describe it as mixed ground now I guess. Is it best fished at night ? I guess so.
              If flat, yes, if theres a sea on and plenty colour in the water then it doesnt really make much of a difference

Wouldnt imagine thered be much showing there at the minute mind, probably still a bit too early

Comment

Thanks lads, is it best to chuck as long as possible ? Or can you catch short there ?

Comment

Long cast big swell after north eastly will fish well

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Probably my best session on there, late September three years ago:

CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Cracking session mate, hopefully I will get one like that one day ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                          Probably my best session on there, late September three years ago:

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/shore-c...8-09-10-a.html
                          right place ,right time. every anglers dream .

Comment

The right man, on the right peg, on the right day can't be beaten. I learned and re-learned that in my freshwater match fishing days.

Comment

Working...
                            X