S/Shields Pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/Shields Pier

This was the sea state in August when the salmon boats were about. Unfortunately the sea has often looked the same during the past two months. Where are the big northerly swells that bring in the winter cod?
    Attached Files
    PB 8 1/2lb Cod...Roker

eh?

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
    This was the sea state in August when the salmon boats were about. Unfortunately the sea has often looked the same during the past two months. Where are the big northerly swells that bring in the winter cod?
    Your joking right...

Theres been plenty canny swells about over the past couple of months, some just big lazy swells, some more powerfull with that strong wind.

A get one thing a dont think theres been a good northwesterly swell for a while, but all the other good seas that we've had have produced fish recently.

Get yourself out there.
    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
      Your joking right...

Theres been plenty canny swells about over the past couple of months, some just big lazy swells, some more powerfull with that strong wind.

A get one thing a dont think theres been a good northwesterly swell for a while, but all the other good seas that we've had have produced fish recently.

Get yourself out there.
      last night was a massive north westerly sea

Comment

Lol im guessing noone seen the sea yesterday around whitley... Lovely sea would have fished it if i could have.
        Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by guy View Post
          last night was a massive north westerly sea
          You can tell I havnt been oot in a while, sorry.

Comment

Oh well maybe am wrong Andy. I must admit I have actually been there to see it coming over the pier on occasion. But despite witnessing the odd 3lb, 4lb and even 8lb cod being taken from the end, I still think things are a little slow for the time of year. Plenty of whiting mind you.
            PB 8 1/2lb Cod...Roker

Comment

We have had south easterlys through sept , oct which brought fish in but a south easterly never keeps them in for long, the northwesterlys brought some canny ground swells through nov, dec and still some in jan.

Its the northeasterlys and easterlys that havnt came this season and this has prevented me from fishing some of the marks i know fish so well in these conditions still time yet..... i hope.

Comment

North easterleys/easterleys will show there face in the peak off summer when everyone wants to macky bash on the piers LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by skott View Post
                  North easterleys/easterleys will show there face in the peak off summer when everyone wants to macky bash on the piers LOLOL
                  Well it will keep the little ****s and the chav brigade off anyways, as well as the ****-heads with their multipacks of fosters that they somehow need to keep them re-fueled whilst catching Mackerel.....

Comment

nowt rang with fosters andy its the goons that abuse it whilst fishing
                    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
                      nowt rang with fosters andy its the goons that abuse it whilst fishing
                      Thats what a meant buddy.

On another note, when NOT fishing, I prefer Brown Ale myself...

Comment

south-shields pier

hi lads great pier for fishing but such along walk for us old timers eh ha-ha

Comment

Originally posted by jameswlong1941 View Post
                          hi lads great pier for fishing but such along walk for us old timers eh ha-ha
                          Well get yaself a bike and ride up, that's what some of my older fishing friends do.

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
                            Well get yaself a bike and ride up, that's what some of my older fishing friends do.
                            Hey mate, yer sound a bit like Norman Tebbit.lol

Comment

Working...
                            X