re Cullercoates 13/2/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re Cullercoates 13/2/12

Fished Cullercoates tonight 14/2/12 lots of tapping on rod but no takers, then 20 mins down from high water a few good taps on the rod, left it to develop and struck in to the fish, slack lined me a good distance in then made contact, my fishing pal shouts its a monster i seen it thrashing about on top of water it was a MONSTER AND AS FAT AS A WRESTLERS NECK me mate starts to handball it up and he was shouting its about 3 ft 6 long to 4 ft long then wak its off back in the drink......GUTTED Would of been my best ever fish weight wise no ideas make your own mind up but being conservative i would say well up in double over 15lb plus just cant say only thing was it had my Kompressor buckled and my 7000i c3 ct struggling. The moral is you just dont know what is gonna take your bait and this is where a DROP NET would have got the fish up and on the concrete, But as luck has it got clean away. Gutted....Gutted.... and more Gutted. the date was 14/2/12 not 13/2/12
    Last edited by PRICEY; 14-02-2012, 11:52 PM. Reason: wrong date

Mabie next time good luck
    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

im defo gunna get a dropnet for next winter, id never forgive myself if that happened to me, sorry to hear it mate

Comment

Hard lines mate, nothing worse than losing a good fish like that. The best thing to do on that little south pier though is to walk your fish around the back and beach them, then go down to get them - I'd never try hand-balling a fish that size.

Gary
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Yes its a deff to get one, I think we get into the frame of mind that all we will get is 3,4,5,6, pounders if were lucky, and that we will manage but then this happens, you learn by your mistakes and just take things for granted, anyhow cheers lads for the reply's, down to St Mary's Island 2 moz and try my luck at low water. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
            Hard lines mate, nothing worse than losing a good fish like that. The best thing to do on that little south pier though is to walk your fish around the back and beach them, then go down to get them - I'd never try hand-balling a fish that size.

Gary
            Cheer's g=force, but i was on the other pier "North" beside the pump station me mate went over the top of the railings to hand ball it up and as things go at that time of the moment you just want to get it up not even thinking that the concrete steps are only a few yards away and bring it round to them, no good crying over spilt milk now its gone but a drop net is a deff for me when fishing that mark again, It just would'nt be so bad if i had'nt seen it thrashing about on top of the water and me mate shouting its a monster fish, never mind its history now but the next time a DROP NET kept handy just in case

Comment

Originally posted by PRICEY View Post
              Cheer's g=force, but i was on the other pier "North" beside the pump station me mate went over the top of the railings to hand ball it up and as things go at that time of the moment you just want to get it up not even thinking that the concrete steps are only a few yards away and bring it round to them, no good crying over spilt milk now its gone but a drop net is a deff for me when fishing that mark again, It just would'nt be so bad if i had'nt seen it thrashing about on top of the water and me mate shouting its a monster fish, never mind its history now but the next time a DROP NET kept handy just in case
              bit confused mate no railings on north pier,sea was crashing over when we passed,looked in at goats prom next to the pumping station three guys fishing was that where you meant .davy.
              PB
              COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
              COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
              Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
              Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
              Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
              Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
              Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Apologies mate, I took the "up onto the concrete" bit to mean the pier (most people fish the south one) - yeah, if there's no way down a net or drop gaff is the way to go with big fish on.

Gary
                ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

what did the fish take by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy37 View Post
                    what did the fish take by the way?
                    fresh yellow tails, rag, and a peeler wrapped in squid

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                      bit confused mate no railings on north pier,sea was crashing over when we passed,looked in at goats prom next to the pumping station three guys fishing was that where you meant .davy.
                      I that was me mate and son fishing with me, left at about 10.15pm

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                        Hi Davy, never knew it was called goats prom, I just call it down by the pumping station beside Cliff Row

Comment

Hi Davy, never knew it was called goats prom, I just call it down by the pumping station beside Cliff Row
                          its nickednamed goatys prom because goatys gully runs directly in front of the stairs leading from the queens head pub where you were fishing. davy.
                          PB
                          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

cullercoats

Hi pricey did you fish the table or the gorge beside the queens head as its not so bad off the table but very rough by the gorge .you will lose alot gear by the gorge.TRY THE TABLE if your a good caster you will hit the sandy bottom ok

Comment

Working...
                            X