where have all the coddies gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where have all the coddies gone

Watching all the gosip coming in on the nesa forum there does/nt seem to be anything happening.Have fish vanished now as they must have gone back to the deep now .Nobody seems to know whos doing what .I think the cod season is over and the only way to catch them now is out on the boats.Anybody got any idea/s if so let us know,,,[ grumps]

coddies

handgrenades,semtex,on a pulley pennel,theres only 1 cod left anyway

Comment

we were out on the jfk 2 weeks ago, and had nothing.....
      8hrs 9 anglers, nowt from the boat.

had nothing from shore and boat for 4 weeks

i seen a post the other day on here were a few lads had a canny day with a few wyts, coalies and flatys further up the river not sure were the place is though.

alan the skipper on the jfk said the fish are spawning atm, in deep water. maybe the all fuked off to do this.

any one else argee, only thing i can think of as all the reports have died down and ive blanked for the past 4 weeks...
      PB | 2lb 9oz Codling

Species | Codling, Whiting, Coalie, Pollock, Plaice, Flounder,Dab, Mackerel, Sand Eel, Granny Fish

www.CTBuildingServices.co.uk

Comment

Where/s the coddies gone

Well Craig and MAN-IN- THE- BOAT as you know the cod was there one minute and gone the next so it makes you wonder what is going on . The lads were doing well and then bang there was nothing and as you say there are plenty whites and coalies about and some flatties too.Its like what i said the weather change has done the damage its put the spanner in the works has/nt it .Anyway good luck to you as it looks like boat trips are back on eh Jim

Comment

Ups and downs...

A cannit believe you's are given up coz the cod have moved offshore... so what. Every did& has its peak season, and its over for the codling from the shore, theres usually a spring run of them come end of march to mid april, and thats it,but why bother to complain

Now is the time of year to wean down to smaller hooks and target my favourite fish of all, Plaice . There's nothing better than a fine fat fresh run Plaice, though you habe to be patient and constant to catch them, since most are quite skinny after coming back from spawing.

The only up and coming thing am not looking forward to now is the beer, ****heads and chav fest that will arriving on piers shortly as the mackerel arrive, getting the usual idiot casting over your line then that idiot calling you worse than crap for bait fishing and saying its your fault ..... God I love summer...
          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
            The only up and coming thing am not looking forward to now is the beer, ****heads and chav fest that will arriving on piers shortly as the mackerel arrive, getting the usual idiot casting over your line then that idiot calling you worse than crap for bait fishing and saying its your fault ..... God I love summer...
            well avoid them areas andy and jump in with someone and head up the coast where its peaceful borders of scotland is a ideal area i got all the mackerel i needed on one trip filleted them whilst i was there
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

not going to give it up but jsut thinking why am i doing this for nothing in return
              going to stik at it but probly try other kind of fishing, as coddy says, the borders is a lovely peacefull place and i know im defo heading up tht way this summer
              PB | 2lb 9oz Codling

Species | Codling, Whiting, Coalie, Pollock, Plaice, Flounder,Dab, Mackerel, Sand Eel, Granny Fish

www.CTBuildingServices.co.uk

Comment

Keep trying mate, theres still some coddies about, and some very good whities and flatties. Maybe the chance of a lunker as well.
                I,m going to be trying for cod until at least the end of March or April. The fish ive had over the last few weeks have had everything in them from the usual parp and crabs to coughing up lug and small sandeels.

Comment

Working...
                X