Big seas scar the blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big seas scar the blast

a couple of weeks ago i took these pictures of my local ground.

the blast got scoured out big time leaving bare rock. the shelf (HT line) at the south end of the beach now rises over head height making a good high water mark now.

no doubt as usual they will get burried again with sand as summer progresses but i think the selfs will stay behind. and also one of the large rocks on the chems got smashed into smaller ones.

another interesting thing was the fact i found a coconut on the blast high water line. wonder where it came from. these pics were as the sea was dyeing down, it was even bigger the day before and it wasnt even the biggest of tides just as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	rough seas 017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1529453

Name:	rough seas 018.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1529454
    the next picture is of me back garden. as you can see the rock to the right of the picture is smashed now which used to be a good low water shot.

Name:	rough seas 020.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1529455

Name:	rough seas 013.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1529456
    Last edited by Deans; 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM.

i have fished there for a lot of yrs prob about 40 and have never seen the beach with hard rock on as first pic before. thanks for posting pics.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Amazing how the sea is reclaiming the colliery beaches back, how long before the water is at the back of the beach at high tide...I think the first pic is of compacted colliery waste but i might be wrong..

Comment

wondered where me coconut landed,the granddaughter threw it out of the car a few weeks ago
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Good pics fished the blast beach when it was full of sea coal not coconuts,that one is mine can I have it back mister please.
          There was always people down with sacks collecting the sea coal.
          In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
          Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
          Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
            Amazing how the sea is reclaiming the colliery beaches back, how long before the water is at the back of the beach at high tide...I think the first pic is of compacted colliery waste but i might be wrong..
            alot of it is ferrous iron ore from the blast furnace - hence where the name the blast comes from .im sure that coconut was in a tom hanks movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Deans View Post

another interesting thing was the fact i found a coconut on the blast high water line. wonder where it came from. these pics were as the sea was dyeing down, it was even bigger the day before and it wasnt even the biggest of tides just as well
              It must have been dropped by a swallow
              People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by marco1967 View Post
                alot of it is ferrous iron ore from the blast furnace - hence where the name the blast comes from .im sure that coconut was in a tom hanks movie.
                ha ha. yep, toms best mate. wilson. i found him

Comment

found a few coconuts over the years when taking the dog down, mostly on Tynemouth
                  Alan

Comment

Cracking pics mate, wish I could have got down and see the beach in the flesh. Well done on rescuing Wilson....

Comment

Working...
                    X