Blyth pier. 25th September.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth pier. 25th September.

Struggled to think of a decent mark today as the tide times were poor. Not wanting a night of rubbish on the tele I thought about even fishing the Tyne untill Neil (Kingfisher) suggested the pier. Met up with KeithB in the car park and walked onto the pier to meet Neil who was trying out his new rod.

First cast Keith and I were both into a couple of undersized Coley's and Neil followed up with another on his next cast. After that we had loads of bites and the odd Coley coming in every few casts.

No sign of any Codling or even a single Whiting, Neil didn't even get his obligatory Rockling lol.

Neil left a wee bit before Keith and I, we fished through to the top of the tide with loads more small bites but no more fish.

Keith was using his new 525 Mag which I must say really improved his casting and he was getting more confident as the night went on. We were both using our Grey's Triplex 14' and the bites were excellent on the light gear.

Can't wait till the next session now, roll on the winter sessions.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Well done lads ,shame I'm on lates it would have been great to come along for the craic ,I've got a couple of reels to try next time ,roll on the storms eh !!
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Cheers Jim & Neil, canny night again and I'm learning all the time. I love the new reel, I might have to invest in a spare
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I am thiniking of giving that a go tonight,Weds.
        Same problem,i cannot think of a good mark.
        THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

Working...
        X