1st Oct. Rendesvous Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Oct. Rendesvous Cafe

My father in law and NESA member Mel Jones fished with his mate on Sunday night ,loads of crabs then a swift move down the beach gave Mel a Ling ...yes a Ling of at least 2 lbs ,the snood snapped when the fish was lifted due to it being frayed by the fishes teeth ,has anyone else had a Ling from the shore I haven't ( jammy sod ) , then his mate got a lobster ( undersize ) both returned to fight another day .
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

well done mel

Comment

I bet Mel dosn't get as many Rockling as you though Steve lol.

Nice one Mel.

Jim.
      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Nice one Mel
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

I caught a ling from the shore about 1.5lb a couple of years back - it was one evening at the boathouse end of Whitley Beach over high water - got a mention in the Chronicle too!
          So long and thanks for all the fish! (www.lsbsac.co.uk)

Comment

there have been a few ling caught all along the north east coast over the last few weeks. i had one around the pound mark off roker pier a few weeks ago, there have also been at least two others caught off roker in recent weeks the best one was approx 3 lb ish. i know there has also been one off s.shields pier and two from dunstanbourgh in recent weeks.
            i've never seen ling off the shore in the north east it seems strange them suddenly putting in an appearance all along the coast, anyone have any idea or thoughts as to why ?

Comment

Less competition for food from dwindling cod stocks maybe?
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

had one from blyth pier (well the bairn did) about 3 years back, 2lb ish I guess.

don't know if there's a connection, but the few trips I've managed out on the boat, there's been stacks of em on the inshore wrecks, vastly outnumbering the cod
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

i had a ling about 2lb 8 oz off roker pier a couple of years ago
                  it was just under size
                  so it went back

sless

Comment

Working...
                  X